Degree attestation

Degree attestation

Old Jun 22nd 2013, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

GB_ME is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Degree attestation

Hi all,

I hope you can help....

I've recently accepted a job offer in Saudi and have been told I need to get my degree attested before I can continue the visa process with an agent.

I have been in contact with the cultural bureau and sent them the relevant documents and consent letters etc for the process, however despite numerous attempts to phone through to the department I haven't been able to confirm if they've received the documents (which were sent 2 weeks ago) or indeed if they've started the process.

I realize that these things never happen as quickly as we'd like, but I was hoping someone could give me insight into how long I should expect to wait before hearing back from them. It would be great if I could at least get this part of the process started before Ramadan.

As always any help would be greatly appreciated, this forum has helped me loads in the past, so look forward to your responses.

(Will post this in the job offer page too in case I'm posting in the wrong place.)

Cheers!
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Default Degree attestation

Hi all,

I hope you can help....

I've recently accepted a job offer in Saudi and have been told I need to get my degree attested before I can continue the visa process with an agent.

I have been in contact with the cultural bureau and sent them the relevant documents and consent letters etc for the process, however despite numerous attempts to phone through to the department I haven't been able to confirm if they've received the documents (which were sent 2 weeks ago) or indeed if they've started the process.

I realize that these things never happen as quickly as we'd like, but I was hoping someone could give me insight into how long I should expect to wait before hearing back from them. It would be great if I could at least get this part of the process started before Ramadan.

As always any help would be greatly appreciated, this forum has helped me loads in the past, so look forward to your responses.

Cheers!
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Degree attestation

The search engine is your friend http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...testing+degree
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

bear in mind that they receive tons of these requests at the cultural place and yours will sit in the pile until it reaches the top. That can take several weeks. Phoning or emailing will probably only generate an irritated response and, if repeated may well see your doc float down the pile somehow...
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

mc30b is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent my degree certificate and related documents to arrive on 12 June and received it back attested on the 20th. I spoke to Elfateh S. Ali ([email protected]) at the cultural attache about the process and he was very helpful.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your help guys.

I've been in contact with Mr Ali, but like you said I don't want to pester them. He was really busy at the time. Think I should give it a bit longer before worrying.

I guess this is a good exercise in testing my patience - from what I've heard, I think I'll need it once in the kingdom.

Thanks again! (Will keep you updated, in case anyone else is in a similar situation.)
Old Jul 21st 2013, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Here's an update, In case anyone else is in a similar situation....I received my attested degree back a few weeks ago and have since successfully completed my visa application through Harley Street Medical (Who were fantastic!)

I realised it's better to try and follow things up with your university where you did the degree, rather than bothering the cultural office at this busy time. Worked out quite well for me as they were very helpful with keeping me updated.

So all being well I should be in Riyadh before the end of August!

I can't wait...looking forward to a new adventure!

Maybe see some of you there!

All the best!