Reload this Page >

a decent hair cut in doha?

a decent hair cut in doha?

Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:18 am
Just Joined

niharika will become famous soon enoughniharika will become famous soon enough
Default a decent hair cut in doha?

hi guys!

ive just come to doha on a visit to my folks..ill be here for a few mnths...there seems to be a serious lack of a hair salon in this place..where do people go for a cut? :curse:
Any suggestions from anyone who has been here long enough. I had an amazing stylist with Toni & Guy for the last 6 or 7 years.

They closed down the Toni and Guy branch here apparently! ( went there yest evening and found it out personally)..

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanx!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a decent hair cut in doha?

try the mad morrocan on 73rd street....

they do a great cut and blow
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:32 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

marie clare down Salwa Road just before Qatar Decoration roundabout on your right hand side.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Thank you Novita!! .Have you been there or know anyone who has?..Any idea whom to ask for? I dont want to get the wrong person( as I usually do somtimes!)
I think Ive seen it somewhere..I'm still getting used to the roads here!!

Thanx again for your info guys!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 4:20 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by niharika
Thank you Novita!! .Have you been there or know anyone who has?..Any idea whom to ask for? I dont want to get the wrong person( as I usually do somtimes!)
I think Ive seen it somewhere..I'm still getting used to the roads here!!

Thanx again for your info guys!
i went there this morning. For hair colour you can ask Jane. For hair cut i normally asked Marie Clare herself to cut my hair. Today i saw the notice that she will be away for hols back to France for 13 days ... I cant remember the starting date. I think either 13 or 9 of March or something like that.

Here is the number :

She cant take walk in customer, always booked in. So best you make app first.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by novita77
i went there this morning. For hair colour you can ask Jane. For hair cut i normally asked Marie Clare herself to cut my hair. Today i saw the notice that she will be away for hols back to France for 13 days ... I cant remember the starting date. I think either 13 or 9 of March or something like that.

Here is the number :

She cant take walk in customer, always booked in. So best you make app first.
Thank you!! I shall make an appoinment tommorow itself..its just up the road for me...I live close by so I shall get a colour atleast...thanx again!!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!! I shall make an appoinment tommorow itself..its just up the road for me...I live close by so I shall get a colour atleast...thanx again!!
so what about the mad moroccan?

was i just waisting my time?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:33 am
Just Joined

pls give me the mad morrocan details as well...i need a cut as well! Where is the salon? Am just getting used to doha roads and places..
The more the merrier! Have you been there? The name sounds a bit..welll....crazy...

Is it the salon name or the guys name! Whom shall I ask for??
Thanx again!!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

pls give me the mad morrocan details as well...i need a cut as well! Where is the salon? Am just getting used to doha roads and places..
The more the merrier! Have you been there? The name sounds a bit..welll....crazy...

Is it the salon name or the guys name! Whom shall I ask for??
Thanx again!!
Easy, you just turn right at the first street of the mosque with the spiral minaret downtown, then you go straight for about 40 mins (would take 5 mins in any other place, but heck, this is Doha),turn right again after the mosque with the straight minaret and the green illuminated windows, then you go straight for an ohter 40 mins (again, this would take only 5 mins everywhere else but in Doha),and voila....you see the very large ,well lit sign for the Crazy Moroccan....cut and blow! Ask for Ali, he is very popular,am not really sure if it was for cutting or for blowing though
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lady Lou
Easy, you just turn right at the first street of the mosque with the spiral minaret downtown, then you go straight for about 40 mins (would take 5 mins in any other place, but heck, this is Doha),turn right again after the mosque with the straight minaret and the green illuminated windows, then you go straight for an ohter 40 mins (again, this would take only 5 mins everywhere else but in Doha),and voila....you see the very large ,well lit sign for the Crazy Moroccan....cut and blow! Ask for Ali, he is very popular,am not really sure if it was for cutting or for blowing though
Im totally lost now...there are sooo many mosques here!! HELP! Any street name?? If I can have the street name..any idea??...I shall be able to find it if I have a street or area name..! Thanx again!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

also, do they do hair cuts for men?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

shit i just made it up.

The mad morrocan was a crazy dude that used to shave our heads when our ship docked into Gibraltar...

So he does actually exist in Doha......
Old Feb 28th 2008, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
shit i just made it up.

The mad morrocan was a crazy dude that used to shave our heads when our ship docked into Gibraltar...

So he does actually exist in Doha......
He sure does...shacked up with the "Wily Iranian".. he is recommended for men's cuts....his speciality are the blows though.....

Last edited by Alexa; Feb 28th 2008 at 12:41 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

niharika.....start at Mosque Street No.1 and proceed to Mosque Street No. 2.....etc.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lady Lou
niharika.....start at Mosque Street No.1 and proceed to Mosque Street No. 2.....etc.
hehehe....!!