Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Decent Curry House in Dubai

Decent Curry House in Dubai

Old Feb 21st 2005, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice
Default Re: Decent Curry House in Dubai

Originally Posted by karenb2
Hi Jammy,

The Rupee Room at the Marina does do ''english-type'' curries. Apparently they originate from Glasgow and that's why they cook their curries differently to local indian ones.

The lunchtime buffet is a good deal and we have had some good food from there.

Hope your delhi belly improves soon.

Nothing beats curries in Bournemouth, Jammy! The Rupee Room still is no comparison but not bad. I like RAVI in Satwa. Not very posh and no alcohol, not sure about deliveries but quality and tasty food!
Old Feb 21st 2005, 9:36 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Nothing beats curries in Bournemouth, Jammy! The Rupee Room still is no comparison but not bad. I like RAVI in Satwa. Not very posh and no alcohol, not sure about deliveries but quality and tasty food!
Thank you all.

I will try them all, but not for a week or two !!
Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Thank you all.

I will try them all, but not for a week or two !!
Had the Rupee Room do catering for a party here - fantastic! Food was great, price was even better. Haven't eaten at the restaurant but I know they deliver. They do all the old favourites like lamb pasanda etc so definitely worth a visit when you're fit.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:31 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Had the Rupee Room do catering for a party here - fantastic! Food was great, price was even better. Haven't eaten at the restaurant but I know they deliver. They do all the old favourites like lamb pasanda etc so definitely worth a visit when you're fit.
Too Busy laughing. Uncle B also ate the substandard Curry, and is currently stuck in a cubicle with no toilet role !!!

poor guy is suffering
Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:32 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

Too Busy laughing. Uncle B also ate the substandard Curry, and is currently stuck in a cubicle with no toilet role !!!

poor guy is suffering

Awe I feel so bad for him..........................
Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

poor guy is suffering
:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:49 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know a curry house in Dubai that does the English style dishes?, and that deliver.

For reasons unknown i had a urge for a chicken Madras last night but could not find one anywhere.

I ended up settling for a chicken Biryani and wish I didnt.
Today i have been suffering from "Frodo Baggins Syndrome" .... i.e. my ring has been causing me immense pain.

So does anyone know of any tried and tested places that wont give me Delhi-Belly ????

The Pavilion is excellent.

Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:50 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Rupee Room: 3905755

Royal Orchid (Thai): 367 4040
Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:57 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

There's also a place we use just at the bottom of the LG tower on below defence roundabout run by a guy from Bolton. Not sure what its called - take away only but they do deliver - we've always found it to be really good
Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:59 am
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Fairydust
There's also a place we use just at the bottom of the LG tower on below defence roundabout run by a guy from Bolton. Not sure what its called - take away only but they do deliver - we've always found it to be really good
Thanks for all those leads.. will give them a try once my ring-sting has eased off
Old Feb 21st 2005, 11:13 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for all those leads.. will give them a try once my ring-sting has eased off
eugh! :scared:
Old Feb 21st 2005, 11:23 am
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Face81
eugh! :scared:
Face whilst in the UK, you have to try a british curry.

Try the aromatic Chicken Phall or Vindaloo

Its a must !!!
Old Feb 21st 2005, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

When I was back in the UK I had authentic Indian food, it was a disaster :scared: All the spices made me feel like my head was on fire!
Old Feb 21st 2005, 11:41 am
Banned

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
When I was back in the UK I had authentic Indian food, it was a disaster :scared: All the spices made me feel like my head was on fire!

My hubby has been spending a lot of time in India lately and he says the same, it is nothing like the curry shops we know and love LOL
Old Feb 21st 2005, 2:35 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

coconut grove in ridges plaza same place as auzzie legends do a mean madras but i'm sure they deliver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.