Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Debt free Dubai????????

Debt free Dubai????????

Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:53 am
Just Joined

The_Renegade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Debt free Dubai????????

My property business recently went belly up leaving me staring at bankruptcy As I have absolutely no intention of repaying any of the banks that killed it I was wondering whether the official receiver would be able to touch me out in Dubai? Particularly if he slaps an attachment of earnings against me?

Also with my UK credit report now flashing red :curse: would I have any problems either getting into the country or opening a bank account?
Old Feb 27th 2009, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Debt free Dubai????????

so how exactly are the bank to blame for your business failure?

or just your justification for not paying them?
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:21 am
Just Joined

When they pull your funding, flog your business for 10% of its value and then come to you personally for the rest...

Not really concerned about whether there is a moral argument in repaying a fat cat banker, just looking at ways to get my family back on its feet
Old Feb 27th 2009, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Shehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by The_Renegade
As I have absolutely no intention of repaying any of the banks that killed it
So nothing to do with you taking unwarranted risks, being excessively greedy or borrowing more than you could afford to pay back?
Old Feb 27th 2009, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

You're talking about the banks of course
Old Feb 27th 2009, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

girlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to all

Pretty sure that the OR can't touch you in the UAE.

However not many employment opportunities for dodgy property developers these days....
Old Feb 27th 2009, 6:31 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by girlabouttown
Pretty sure that the OR can't touch you in the UAE.

However not many employment opportunities for dodgy property developers these days....
Karma sent