Dear British expats in KSA/ ladies and Gents

Dear British expats in KSA/ ladies and Gents

Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:18 pm
Good things take time

saddam will become famous soon enoughsaddam will become famous soon enough
Question Dear British expats in KSA/ ladies and Gents

Good day!

Kindly, I need your comment re below package….& Thanks heaps in advance

I received an offer from KSA, Jeddah as a GM for a local contractor/construction field.

Monthly Salary: SR 40,000
Single status….I have to cover schools, tickets, visa..etc from above figure

Other benefits- on the top of the 40k
Car-fully maintained,
Local full coverage medical insurance – what’s the local coverage= any good?
Suitable housing (3 bed)– will ask which compound + paid utilities
One month per year paid vacation
One round trip ticket per year – for self only
Contract duration, 2 years extendable yearly

Is it enough for a family of 4 (2 teenage sons)?
Any advice would be highly appreciated

I am a Certified Professional project manager (PMP) – 24yrs exp. Was a director of mega project here in UAE, put on hold for reasons you know

Is this how much I worth there/KSA, enough for family to live ok and save some for the gloomy days?

I pm’ed one of the colleagues here in this informative forum, but seem he is in different field, his reply was helpful however – thanks!

Keen to get some feedbacks please....need to sign offer end of this week
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Smacked is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dear British expats in KSA/ ladies and Gents

I think that sounds good, I mean 4 of you, no property to pay for, just schooling, food etc. Should be fine, I'd try and find out the school fees though if I were you!
Old Feb 25th 2009, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saddam
Good day!

Kindly, I need your comment re below package….& Thanks heaps in advance

I received an offer from KSA, Jeddah as a GM for a local contractor/construction field.

Monthly Salary: SR 40,000
Single status….I have to cover schools, tickets, visa..etc from above figure

Other benefits- on the top of the 40k
Car-fully maintained,
Local full coverage medical insurance – what’s the local coverage= any good?
Suitable housing (3 bed)– will ask which compound + paid utilities
One month per year paid vacation
One round trip ticket per year – for self only
Contract duration, 2 years extendable yearly

Is it enough for a family of 4 (2 teenage sons)?
Any advice would be highly appreciated

I am a Certified Professional project manager (PMP) – 24yrs exp. Was a director of mega project here in UAE, put on hold for reasons you know

Is this how much I worth there/KSA, enough for family to live ok and save some for the gloomy days?

I pm’ed one of the colleagues here in this informative forum, but seem he is in different field, his reply was helpful however – thanks!

Keen to get some feedbacks please....need to sign offer end of this week
How old are your sons ? I was under the impression that after a certain age your sons will been to go to boarding school in the UK due to no suitable local school.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Package seems very good IMHO.

In terms of education, there are a couple of British schools ( here in Jeddah ) that offer education up to A Level, if you are thinking of staying that long.

If its just up to 16, the Brit based schools obviously then follow the UK curriculum, offering the international GCSE, which is held in high esteem by many of the educational institutions back in the UK.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 7:09 am
Good things take time

Many thanks for the kind replies,
Wife and boys didn’t like the idea to move there, although the companies’ owner – sheik I believe - wants to double the deal after my rejection!
Prefer to go back with family to my cottage in south island/NZ and swim with whales + remove dust from fishing boat.. one moment with family worth the whole monies in the world
No good to go single, specially I am 45 as well…look younger though
Life is short & my ME experience is over and no mortgage to worry ALHAMDU LILAH..thanks to gulf jobs
I may join postie club, keep you fit and happy.. no more construction hassles
keep in touch
cherio

Shokran !
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, re-reading the package details, I notice that you have to pay school fees from your salary. With two kids at school, that will take a hefty chunk. My step daughter attends Jeddah Grammar School ( a British school ) , fees are around 38,000 sr per school year.

Did you say that the offer has since been increased?

Anyway, best of luck with what you decide to do.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

I would say it's on the low side assuming you are Western and don't have a family status. As Not says it's expensive to send your kids to school here, plus flights out of the Kingdom are costly . . . So you are talking around 100-120Ksr for school fees per year for two teenagers assuming school fees are similar to Riyadh, plus at least two flights per person per year (hey, you just need to escape . . ). I would check flight prices, school fees and medical insurance for the rest of the family and then re-assess the offer. Although if it has been doubled it's a better deal.

N
Old Feb 28th 2009, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nic1
I would say it's on the low side assuming you are Western and don't have a family status. As Not says it's expensive to send your kids to school here, plus flights out of the Kingdom are costly . . . So you are talking around 100-120Ksr for school fees per year for two teenagers assuming school fees are similar to Riyadh, plus at least two flights per person per year (hey, you just need to escape . . ). I would check flight prices, school fees and medical insurance for the rest of the family and then re-assess the offer. Although if it has been doubled it's a better deal.

N
Costs of flights can fluctuate a great deal, depending on how far in advance you book them, and with which carrier.

I flew back to the UK last July ( Riyadh to HRow ) , booked the tickets around May, and cost was around 3500sr with Saudia ( Company expense)

Flew again in December ( Jeddah to H/Row ) with BMI, cost was a bit cheaper, 2500 sr ( company expense ). THose tickets were booked around Sept time

We are due to fly back in April. I booked these tickets very early in Jan, and got them for 1300 sr each, cheapest yet. With Saudia. Saudi prob is the better bet, as you automatically get 30kg baggage ( BMI is only 20k ) , and with their membership ( Alfursan ) this increases by another 10kg.

All the above were economy as you may guess by the prices. In December, I did get upgraded to Business Class though - that was great!

So - I think its a case of booking early, and a bit of luck! Already trying to get the flights sorted for the summer break!
Old Feb 28th 2009, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

But Saudia is dry . . . I do like a brandy when I'm flying

Saddam if I was mortgage free and all ME'd out and had the option of NZ I know where I would go . . . .

N
Old Feb 28th 2009, 3:25 pm
Good things take time

Thanks for the professional comments gentlemen..
Yes , we decided to go back = to the real life….boys pressing us soooooooo BADLY

Flights booked to Auckland, damn they are expensive – Business class ( 15,500 AED/person), we suffered in economy seats last time and want to indulge family on their byebye flight

FYI, Schools here are expensive as well; we pay 65k / year for the British college X2 = 130k + bits and pieces = 20k/year

Although I was thinking of going single to SA specially when THE MAN offered 75k , but couldn’t survive without seeing wife and kids stressing me ….separation naughhhhhhh

Will continue contributing to this informative site, and thanks to all for the great info and helpful news….

Salamu Alaikum, Shokran, Cheers, Kia Ora!
Cant wait to take campervan up north and sleep by the beach....and more?
Old Feb 28th 2009, 4:27 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely person you seem..........Best of luck!
Old Feb 28th 2009, 4:35 pm
Good things take time

Hmmmmmmmm wish wife view your comment
This would saved me the 50k damas ring I bought last week
Thanks Eva, you look lovely as well
Old Feb 28th 2009, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good decision I think
Good luck - very envious!

N
Old Feb 28th 2009, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Saddam was dethroned and then hung after trial...
Old Feb 28th 2009, 5:15 pm
Good things take time

Thanks Nice1
Wasn’t easy, specially in this bugger time
But some times we have to stop and think…what do we want
Is it money? This will never stop…how many happy moment we had in this planet? Family comes first for every one I believe ….and need to decide when to stop and choose a deadline before we diminish and accept the unacceptance & b4 too late
Wish you great day , and all – tomorrow just another day

Saddam still alive conf. at least for me….shacked my hand once, the strong fist and aroma filling my nose to this moment, we were building a sewerage plant there, 15yrs ago….what I can say – nothing, silence is a virtue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.