Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Deaf lady is Qatar a mistake?

Deaf lady is Qatar a mistake?

Old Mar 6th 2013, 7:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Deaf lady is Qatar a mistake?

Originally Posted by britexpat76
strawberry milk
That's my personal test. If I can keep strawberry milk down, first thing, on a hangover then I can't moan too much.

If I feel sick or puke it up, I can moan all day.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Right Asher..rest assured not all of us Doha inbreds make it our life goal to be pissed most of the time...although, being in Qatar it is not an entirely bad idea.
Look, if and when you come over, shoot me a message and I will do my best to show you the ropes. (Almost 9 years in Qatar now )
Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

And Asher, DO go to the Expatwoman site. As info on disability is very scarce here, you might find somebody there who can help you. Just disregard the self righteous babble
Old Mar 6th 2013, 11:13 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
And Asher, DO go to the Expatwoman site. As info on disability is very scarce here, you might find somebody there who can help you. Just disregard the self righteous babble
About 90% of the postings then...
Old Mar 6th 2013, 11:25 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Right Asher..rest assured not all of us Doha inbreds make it our life goal to be pissed most of the time...although, being in Qatar it is not an entirely bad idea.
Look, if and when you come over, shoot me a message and I will do my best to show you the ropes. (Almost 9 years moaning about Qatar now )
I corrected that for you.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

I corrected that for you.
You don't need to "correct' anything I post. Thank you.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Meow
About 90% of the postings then...
No, not really. although there are a few Dubai people on there now, the Qatar bunch is pretty harmless. And they do give info if they can.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:48 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to "correct' anything I post. Thank you.
Just stating the truth.......
Old Mar 6th 2013, 11:37 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
See Asher, these are the extremes of debauchery available to you in Doha...
Look, if and when you come over, shoot me a message and I will do my best to show you the ropes. (Almost 9 years in Qatar now )
debauchery sounds fun but my OH disaproves of me doing that

I don't get pissed any more, I seem to have hit that plateau where my liver is very efficient though I'm very glad that the opportunity exists

if we come i will be bugging the life out of you all for all the information I will need. namely where to buy alcohol and where the best parties are
Old Mar 7th 2013, 9:19 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

start practicing your sign language people we are indeed coming to Qatar
Old Mar 7th 2013, 9:25 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by asher
Congrats to you, but remember to check on the drugs and medical insurance situation as these are probably bigger hurdles to conquer than your OH getting the job here.

For you.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 10:34 am

Congrats to you, but remember to check on the drugs and medical insurance situation as these are probably bigger hurdles to conquer than your OH getting the job here.

For you.
thanks we have done some checking and asked, the medical cover we are told is sorted whether that is true or not remains to be seen!

I think it will be a few months before we get there as I expect bureaucracy is mad and red tape is the order of the day. Mind he has been told the post is vacant now and they want him asap how long does it usually take to sort it all out?
Old Mar 7th 2013, 10:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

thanks we have done some checking and asked, the medical cover we are told is sorted whether that is true or not remains to be seen!

I think it will be a few months before we get there as I expect bureaucracy is mad and red tape is the order of the day. Mind he has been told the post is vacant now and they want him asap how long does it usually take to sort it all out?
How long does it take to pack and get on a flight?

I believe visas/RPs can / are sorted in country.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 10:45 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to Qatar!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 10:45 am
Shark Fisherman

Do not come until you know for sure, seriously. And every time someone tells you it is sorted check it for yourself as invariably it isn't sorted. Get everything in writing because when you are here people will do anything to avoid paying out.

So Check, Check, Double Check and check again whilst getting it in writing. You then stand half a chance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.