Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:56 am
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...hrain-protests
Old Mar 14th 2011, 6:07 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness
it looks like the rumours (I am still convinced they are by the way) come from the UK foreign office. i wonder what they have been smoking?

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...africa/bahrain

the guardian are just following up what they have been told. fair enough..

if it turns out that i am wrong and they are right about the saudi army then i must admit the world has really gone to hell!
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:25 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
it looks like the rumours (I am still convinced they are by the way) come from the UK foreign office. i wonder what they have been smoking?

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...africa/bahrain

the guardian are just following up what they have been told. fair enough..

if it turns out that i am wrong and they are right about the saudi army then i must admit the world has really gone to hell!
It's looking increasingly likely that I was wrong.

I've just heard from elsewhere that marshall law will be imposed at some point today, and that it will be supported by GCC forces at the request of the Bahraini government.

I don't know if this is true or not (and we won't until it is imposed - or not as it happens), but this sounds really ominous. I hope they don't shut the border as I would be stuck in Saudi with my family still in Bahrain..

As you were ladies & gentlemen, it is only a rumour until it is confirmed...
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting documentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZdyiK-Z5Do

Out of interest, for those people living in Bahrain, where is your cut off point? At what point will you send your wives and kids home? How far will this have to go to make you think about getting out? I'm starting to feel the pressure here building up again....
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

We just moved here from Saudi! The kids and I arrived ten days ago, while my husband will join us tomorrow
We are inveterate optimists.......
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:43 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Interesting documentary:

Out of interest, for those people living in Bahrain, where is your cut off point? At what point will you send your wives and kids home? How far will this have to go to make you think about getting out? I'm starting to feel the pressure here building up again....
I'm considering it what with this marshall law rumour, but waiting to see what actually happens before making a decision.

Only wife and kids who will go by the way. I'm not going to be the first viking in history to pull out of a fight...
Old Mar 14th 2011, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
I'm not going to be the first viking in history to pull out of a fight...
If I see a viking hat on any of the CNN footage I'll know who it is
Old Mar 14th 2011, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

UK advises against travel to Bahrain;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12729064
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting documentary:

A lot depends on the nature of the protest at the British embassy.

one Pakistani clubbed to death last night (not over excess in Sherlock Holmes I might add), one bangla fighting for his life after a clubbing and 4 Pakistanis stabbed yesterday. So the nature of the beast is changing. If unrest does get directed more towards expats then wife and wee one are on the Emirates flight out tonight to Dubai, otherwise its the Etihad back to the UK tomorrow night. They can have a holiday and leave me to carry on with work whilst avoiding treading over those vikings hiding in the bushes
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:07 am
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/20...14/141445.html

Here we go
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

mr.india is an unknown quantity at this point

It is very unfortunate and sad to see these happening in Bahrain. I guess at some point government has to say Enough now, and let the law and Order be restored at any cost.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

Interesting documentary:

Personally, I think the next 24 hours will be vital to any decision, have tried to get into my office but no chance, youths have blocked all entry into Manama and BFH, the police are not their in any force whatsoever, which I believe is a deliberate ploy. If they impose martial law, it will be due to the fact of the economy and security of Bahrain, therefore this in my opinion is the quiet before the storm, they will have a legitimate reason to move them by force.
All shops are closed up or have been forced closed by youths threatening to ransack their shops if they dont close. It is so quiet out their!!

Me being a single parent out here to my twelve year old son makes any decision very difficult, we have nothing back in UK, my business and assets are all tied up in Bahrain, bless my son though he has said he will not go back to London unless I go with him, says Nan will drive him crazy. None of my staff are working anymore until this is all settled, and its costing me thousands, as well everyone else in Bahrain, we would not allow this in England, so why on that specific principal should they allow it here.

Last edited by markinbahrain; Mar 14th 2011 at 11:28 am.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markinbahrain
Personally, I think the next 24 hours will be vital to any decision, have tried to get into my office but no chance, youths have blocked all entry into Manama and BFH, the police are not their in any force whatsoever, which I believe is a deliberate ploy. If they impose martial law, it will be due to the fact of the economy and security of Bahrain, therefore this in my opinion is the quiet before the storm, they will have a legitimate reason to move them by force.
All shops are closed up or have been forced closed by youths threatening to ransack their shops if they dont close. It is so quiet out their!!

Me being a single parent out here to my twelve year old son makes any decision very difficult, we have nothing back in UK, my business and assets are all tied up in Bahrain, bless my son though he has said he will not go back to London unless I go with him, says Nan will drive him crazy. None of my staff are working anymore until this is all settled, and its costing me thousands, as well everyone else in Bahrain, we would not allow this in England, so why on that specific principal should they allow it here.
DO you have any friends in Dubai that you can send him to?

Bad news on your business, i hope it all resolves soon or you can get your assets out..
Old Mar 14th 2011, 11:40 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell... When we moved from Bahrain to Kenya little did we realise that short term Nairobi would be the safer option.

We have pulled our staff out of Bahrain and back to Dubai today...
Old Mar 14th 2011, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Good grief..............

http://www.stratfor.com/analysis/201...fd1fdccf502954

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.