Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Düsseldorf passport office closure

Düsseldorf passport office closure

Old Jan 20th 2013, 12:27 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Düsseldorf passport office closure

The Passport Section in Düsseldorf will be closing permanently at the end of March and therefore British citizens who currently reside in Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the UAE will no longer be able to apply for their passports in Düsseldorf from 18th February. Any applications received in Düsseldorf from this date will be returned to the applicant at their expense.

You will need to apply to the IPS office in Liverpool from this date onwards. As Düsseldorf is the first Regional Passport Processing Office to close, its countries will serve as the guinea pigs for the new UK based service. As such you may wish to apply for your passport renewals in Düsseldorf in the next few weeks whilst the service is still available.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Düsseldorf passport office closure

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The Passport Section in Düsseldorf will be closing permanently at the end of March and therefore British citizens who currently reside in Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the UAE will no longer be able to apply for their passports in Düsseldorf from 18th February. Any applications received in Düsseldorf from this date will be returned to the applicant at their expense.

You will need to apply to the IPS office in Liverpool from this date onwards. As Düsseldorf is the first Regional Passport Processing Office to close, its countries will serve as the guinea pigs for the new UK based service. As such you may wish to apply for your passport renewals in Düsseldorf in the next few weeks whilst the service is still available.
and as such will still have to pay for their cock ups!!
Old Jan 20th 2013, 7:03 am
Just Joined

westpat is an unknown quantity at this point

May I ask your source for this news, as I found nothing online?
Old Jan 20th 2013, 7:24 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by westpat
Dunno about online but it's been mentioned in previous threads: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...e#post10457263
Old Jan 20th 2013, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

It's true. I renewed about two weeks ago. When they sent everything back they provided a slip confirming that the Dusseldorf place was shutting.

I dread to think what the quality of service will be like when Hubcap and Stereo start processing the passports.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I live near Glasgow. Belfast processes our passport applications by post. Dreadful service. Shocking prices. Welcome to post-imperial, post-indistrial Britain.

Last edited by scot47; Jan 20th 2013 at 10:29 am.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by westpat
yeh i knew that the germany office would be closing and from april you would need to apply to uk.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scot47
I live near Glasgow. Belfast processes our passport applications by post. Dreadful service. Shocking prices. Welcome to post-imperial, post-indistrial Britain.
How long did we have to be vigilant against PIRA and then their homebase of operations is now issuing your passports? Irony much?
Old Jan 20th 2013, 11:45 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beakersful
How long did we have to be vigilant against PIRA and then their homebase of operations is now issuing your passports? Irony much?
"Northern Ireland is as British as Finchleah"
M. Thatcher (no not yet, I just checked again...)
Old Jan 20th 2013, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Well, admittedly an incident on Scottish soil would have had half the west coast back on the ferries to NI. They really don't want to upset the kilt wearing locals. Some of them got rightly upset over the removal of the fiercest regiment we ever had.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 3:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Thought all the actual processing was done in the UK anyway, so this is just eliminating one postal step, where you just send it in directly.

So won't make much difference.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Thought all the actual processing was done in the UK anyway, so this is just eliminating one postal step, where you just send it in directly.

So won't make much difference.
yes the printing of the passport is done in uk, its the actual administrative process was done in germany
Old Apr 20th 2013, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

carbootsale is an unknown quantity at this point

All,

It seems that Dusseldorf shows signs of life: IPS Liverpool told me (yesterday, 2013-04-19) that I would need to be interviewed by the Dusseldorf office before my (British Citizen By Descent) daughter's first passport would be issued. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Old Apr 20th 2013, 7:34 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The Passport Section in Düsseldorf is definitely closed and has been since the end of March. The only staff left that would be able to interview you would the consular section. I presume IPS would make the arrangements for you. If not, you would need to ring the consular section in Düsseldorf and make an appointment to come in.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 9:28 am
Just Joined

carbootsale is an unknown quantity at this point

@Britinparis: thanks for that - I did phone them and got a German-speaking operator who was adamant there is 'kein passport teilung mehr'. Deafening silence from IPS...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.