Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

CV development advice

CV development advice

Old May 15th 2012, 6:17 am
Just Joined

Najam is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy CV development advice

I am a fresh graduate in BS Electrical(Telecommunication) Engineering. I am applying in lot of companies but not getting any calls. I think there might be a problem with my CV. Can someone help me to build a professional attractive CV. Please reply with your email ids so that i can forward my Resume to you. I shall be really thankful
Najam
Old May 15th 2012, 6:24 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CV development advice

The problem is you have no experience, no one will hire a fresh graduate.
Old May 15th 2012, 6:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
The problem is you have no experience, no one will hire a fresh graduate.
Then what should i do. any suggestions?
Old May 15th 2012, 6:39 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Najam
Then what should i do. any suggestions?
work in your home country until you have experience, or ask your college do they have contacts into graduate programs or such like.
Old May 15th 2012, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

I am a fresh graduate in BS Electrical(Telecommunication) Engineering. I am applying in lot of companies but not getting any calls. I think there might be a problem with my CV.

There's little point to a flashy CV if there's not any relevant content....as the man says, get a couple years of experience in your home country first.
Old May 15th 2012, 6:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
There's little point to a flashy CV if there's not any relevant content....as the man says, get a couple years of experience in your home country first.
thank you for ur advice..really appreciate it
Old May 15th 2012, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

mathematist will become famous soon enough

Unless you have a contact who can sneak you in of course but yes, couple of years experience as the other have said...
Old May 15th 2012, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Just make up a load of experience and shove it on the CV. It's was 99% of the other applicants will be doing.
Old May 15th 2012, 7:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Just make up a load of experience and shove it on the CV. It's was 99% of the other applicants will be doing.
will surely be looking for some reference.....if show fake experience in CV how am i gona defend it in the interviews
Old May 15th 2012, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18053577

It's all good until you get caught!
Old May 15th 2012, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Brains1983
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18053577

It's all good until you get caught!
Will try it..hope it works ...!!!
Old May 18th 2012, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Will try it..hope it works ...!!!
There are plenty of people who will hire fresh graduates, but they tend to do so through specifically targeted graduate recruitment programmes etc; unusual to hire someone on the basis of an unsolicited CV.

Nevertheless you can still make a CV look good - apart from the obvious (school and university qualifications etc), what else have you done? Have you worked on any community projects that you can show as an 'achievement'? My daughter, while still at school, spent one afternoon per week helping young children with basic science stuff (simple experiments etc), the idea being that she aroused their interest in the subject for later years. It's on her CV, and she has been asked about it in more than one interview.

I remember the (true) story of a female applicant who had founded Women in Publishing in Oxford, a group which helped young female writers get their stuff published (pre-internet days). She had put it on her CV as a 'hobby' - when someone pointed out that it was actually a bloody good 'achievement', things started to happen, jobs-wise (she changed her CV accordingly).

Inexperience in employment doesn't mean your CV will be empty.
Old May 18th 2012, 7:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Dean
There are plenty of people who will hire fresh graduates, but they tend to do so through specifically targeted graduate recruitment programmes etc; unusual to hire someone on the basis of an unsolicited CV.

Nevertheless you can still make a CV look good - apart from the obvious (school and university qualifications etc), what else have you done? Have you worked on any community projects that you can show as an 'achievement'? My daughter, while still at school, spent one afternoon per week helping young children with basic science stuff (simple experiments etc), the idea being that she aroused their interest in the subject for later years. It's on her CV, and she has been asked about it in more than one interview.

I remember the (true) story of a female applicant who had founded Women in Publishing in Oxford, a group which helped young female writers get their stuff published (pre-internet days). She had put it on her CV as a 'hobby' - when someone pointed out that it was actually a bloody good 'achievement', things started to happen, jobs-wise (she changed her CV accordingly).

Inexperience in employment doesn't mean your CV will be empty.
Thanks a lot sir. really motivated. will try to edit my CV so it looks more attractive.