Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Curtains/Blinds - (New) Dubai

Curtains/Blinds - (New) Dubai

Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

RedRoar75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Curtains/Blinds - (New) Dubai

Hi all - am about to move into a new place next week. Can anyone recommend a good company/person who can come out, quote, supply and fit?

Cheers

PS Need rails/poles too

Last edited by RedRoar75; Aug 26th 2009 at 2:27 pm. Reason: Poles
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Curtains/Blinds - (New) Dubai

In general the cheap options for this is either Satwa or Dragonmart but they will not come. You will have to pick them up. We got the measures, went to Dragonmart and they got the curtains ready in one hour.
Sorry, probably I am not been helpful.

Cheers
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

No probs - all gratefully recieved
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

we had gemaco on szr do ours...they measured up, made them and came and fitted them all in 3 days, and were really good, and not too expensive...

feshwari are good but pricey...as are sedar...

MM, xx
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
we had gemaco on szr do ours...they measured up, made them and came and fitted them all in 3 days, and were really good, and not too expensive...

feshwari are good but pricey...as are sedar...

MM, xx
But Sedar are brilliant (not cheap admittedly, as MM says).

They did an even better job at my place than I could have done...........
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

ikea - cheap and cheerful - they fit blinds too - all you have to do is go down with your measurements.

Keep in mind you may move in a year (for whatever reason) and you'll move to somewhere with totally difference size windows - saw this happen to several people including ourselves.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

there is a great company just up from Ace sorry I can't remember the name but it is 1 block before Ace I will try to find the number. They are brilliant and not expensive.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Great - I'm a pretty cheap guy (!) - I'll try a couple of the places suggested & hopefully get it sorted before the trouble and strife arrives...(but if you can get the no for that place Patsystoned - that would be fab)
Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:53 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klaus3974
In general the cheap options for this is either Satwa or Dragonmart but they will not come. You will have to pick them up. We got the measures, went to Dragonmart and they got the curtains ready in one hour.
Sorry, probably I am not been helpful.

Cheers

Not true. The companies based in Satwa will go most places if they think you are genuine. Best to visit a shop though as they have hundreds of fabric books. Then arrange for them to come around & measure up with a handful of books you have selected to choose from. Within a week they'll be back to put up your selected poles and hang the finished curtains.

I recommend Sense Furnishings on Plant Street in Satwa.

-
Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedRoar75
Great - I'm a pretty cheap guy (!) - I'll try a couple of the places suggested & hopefully get it sorted before the trouble and strife arrives...(but if you can get the no for that place Patsystoned - that would be fab)
Sorry I can't find the number but if you go on the slip road to al quoz I think it is the manara turn off , go past Sedar Curtains and you will see a shop that says amusment park or similiar and then it is the next block.. it is called moshifalwi or something like that, it is on the corner. If you get to Ace you have gone too far and you need to go back 1 block..hope this helps. The girl I dealt with is called Cherry.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 7:19 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

I used Avenue Window Fashions (www.blinds.ae) and went to their Al Quoz factory and shop. Very pleased with my vertical blinds. They also do free home consultations. You can also shop at home with their in-home decoration service.

Tel: 800 BLINDS (254637) or 04 340 8955 (Dubai Showroom)
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:12 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
I used Avenue Window Fashions (www.blinds.ae) and went to their Al Quoz factory and shop. Very pleased with my vertical blinds. They also do free home consultations. You can also shop at home with their in-home decoration service.

Tel: 800 BLINDS (254637) or 04 340 8955 (Dubai Showroom)

I have dealt with complaints regarding this company, so I would urge caution. There was a dispute with a customer and they turned very nasty.

It was covered in a column some months ago.

-
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Sand Man is an unknown quantity at this point

We used a guy called Khalid. Came to the house, measured up, we picked materials (lots of choice) and he fitted the whole house (plus blinds) a few days later. Much cheaper than other companies we tried and did a good job. His mob number is 050 675 9186.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 4:08 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedRoar75
Hi all - am about to move into a new place next week. Can anyone recommend a good company/person who can come out, quote, supply and fit?

Cheers

PS Need rails/poles too
where you moving to? got a friend selling all her blinds etc for a Springs Villa.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi - Greens, 2 bed plus study. I've given Khaled (see earlier post) a call - he's coming tomorrow, will keep you posted. Tried IKEA but they dont fit (think an earlier post said that they do).

Thanks for your help guys

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.