Cupcakes in AD?

Old Nov 12th 2010, 9:04 pm

SugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to all
Default Cupcakes in AD?

Not sure if the cupcake trend has taken off in the UAE but if it has can anyone recommend a nice bakery or cafe? I'm thinking of the large fluffy types you get in the Hummingbird Bakery as opposed to the overly gluey things you get in newsagents...

(I have a ridiculously sweet tooth that even the heat of Pakistan in August can't subdue)
Old Nov 13th 2010, 1:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cupcakes in AD?

Originally Posted by SugarMetal
Not sure if the cupcake trend has taken off in the UAE but if it has can anyone recommend a nice bakery or cafe? I'm thinking of the large fluffy types you get in the Hummingbird Bakery as opposed to the overly gluey things you get in newsagents...

(I have a ridiculously sweet tooth that even the heat of Pakistan in August can't subdue)
kisch cupcakes in the new souq. the cupcake society as well.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 11:55 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SugarMetal

There is a sugar daddys (or similar, not quite sure of the name) in the shops/cafes/restaurants on the beach.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 9:24 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Every time I see the title of this thread I think of RoadKing. Strange.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 6:12 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

cupcakes in AD?

what the hell is expat life coming to?
Old Nov 15th 2010, 6:45 pm

SugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by commander
cupcakes in AD?

what the hell is expat life coming to?
A sweet and sticky end! Much like the bottom of my white chocolate cupcake.

Yum.

(no other confectionary has the same sugar hit for me. Diabetes? Psh!)

Last edited by SugarMetal; Nov 15th 2010 at 6:45 pm. Reason: Mistake made
Old Nov 16th 2010, 5:57 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Recently saw a girl with two cupcakes tattooed on her back shoulder.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 6:07 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Recently saw a girl with two cupcakes tattooed on her back shoulder.
Appealing or appalling?
Old Nov 16th 2010, 6:14 am
Account Closed

She could be a fun hop in the sack, but otherwise appalling. Not wife material.

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Appealing or appalling?
Old Nov 16th 2010, 6:15 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

She could be a fun hop in the sack, but otherwise appalling. Not wife material.
so a woman with a tattoo is not wife material?
Old Nov 16th 2010, 6:31 am
Account Closed

A cupcake tattoo is pushing the limits.

I don't like tattoos and find them offputting. I don't want to wake up every day to see a damn tattoo slowly fade and wrinkle and turn into an ugly blob over the years.

Whilst I've seen people with amazing tattoos done by talented artists, most are awful and getting a tattoo tells a lot about the type of person you are. Most of these women aren't going to be compatible with me.

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
so a woman with a tattoo is not wife material?
Old Nov 16th 2010, 6:37 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

A cupcake tattoo is pushing the limits.

I don't like tattoos and find them offputting. I don't want to wake up every day to see a damn tattoo slowly fade and wrinkle and turn into an ugly blob over the years.

Whilst I've seen people with amazing tattoos done by talented artists, most are awful and getting a tattoo tells a lot about the type of person you are. Most of these women aren't going to be compatible with me.
personally I can't stand them one bit
Old Nov 16th 2010, 6:52 am
Hit 16's

I don't want to wake up every day to see a damn tattoo slowly fade and wrinkle and turn into an ugly blob over the years.
I am a tattoo.