Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Cultural Understanding

Cultural Understanding

Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:26 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cultural Understanding

Originally Posted by shoushou
Why not???Is it that smelly????

Depends how much Humous u ate today....................
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Malteser
Depends how much Humous u ate today....................
NO.Cass Tomahawk Missile is smelly....
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:55 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Peters,

This thread is about Cultural Understand, But wuldn't mind plucking his eyebrows... because he is upto no good, Malteser and Novitta are Fiddling with him.

Regrads.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 3:50 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasaNova
Ok peeps,

This morning I went to DEWA to pay my elc & water bills which I always do after 3 months of acumalting water and elect.

There were two long queue's and in those queue's there were Expat ladies...! I couldn't understand why they were standing on the queue to pay their bills.

after a wait of 30mins It was almost 12.45 and at 1.00 the counter closes down, so I really felt to tell these ladies that they dont need to stand in the Queue!!! Simply because they are women.

I reached the counter just 10mins before it closes but my conscious told me to inform these ladies not to stand in queue but rather go straight to the counter... which they all did but all infront of me. nevermind

Please Inform your mises, your sister and most importantly yourself That as a Female YOU DONOT NEED TO STAND ON A QUEUE!

This apply's in all Gov./public sectors.

Where I come from CN.... We wait our turn, its the norm! Regardless of color, or race.
I pay the bills as I have the time and will wait my turn in the queue, as my son is at playschool I have time to queue... It doesnt bother me at all!
Old Jan 8th 2006, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Peterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nice

Mr Peters,

This thread is about Cultural Understand, But wuldn't mind plucking his eyebrows... because he is upto no good, Malteser and Novitta are Fiddling with him.

Regrads.
Mr. Cas.

Looks like it may be the start of a Cultural Cold War between Dubai And Doha!!!!

Mr. Peter.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 10:18 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Where I come from CN.... We wait our turn, its the norm! Regardless of color, or race.
I pay the bills as I have the time and will wait my turn in the queue, as my son is at playschool I have time to queue... It doesnt bother me at all!

Women can be pregnent, she can have a baby at home, she may have to prepare the food for her children and husband before they come at home.

And several other duties! Beside A man in front of you and another man behind you, that is not something WE OR I would want our sisters or Mother to go through.

Just remember not you complain if you see a women going straight to the queue front.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 10:28 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Women can be pregnent, she can have a baby at home, she may have to prepare the food for her children and husband before they come at home.

Just remember not you complain if you see a women going straight to the queue front.

Many women have maids to care for the children and get the meal ready... And you wont hear me complain of waiting my turn in any queue.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 10:32 am
Banned

Many women have maids to care for the children and get the meal ready... And you wont hear me complain of waiting my turn in any queue.

Egg-Xactly many have maids and many don't.

You can stand on the queue Heart, its your deceision trust me no one will stop you but please dont stop the other women from jumping the queue.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 10:36 am

Egg-Xactly many have maids and many don't.

You can stand on the queue Heart, its your deceision trust me no one will stop you but please dont stop the other women from jumping the queue.

For heavens sake why on earth would I stop another woman jumping the queue?
Old Jan 9th 2006, 10:38 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shoushou
I think one of you should run for president...And the other one should run for his life....
PMSL
Old Jan 9th 2006, 10:39 am
Banned

For heavens sake why on earth would I stop another woman jumping the queue?

I would get mad as a women standing Half an Hour in a queue while others are using the fast track
Old Jan 9th 2006, 10:39 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

waiting turn in any queue .... i think is something 'taboo' to do in the middle east
Old Jan 9th 2006, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by novita77
waiting turn in any queue .... i think is something 'taboo' to do in the middle east

Sure!!!! How are you Novi? I had a great Christmas and the roads were a piece of cake!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 10:48 am
Banned

Originally Posted by novita77

cant you read!!!?? I said women.

(Nov can you Please put me in your ignore list, Please)