Creepy crawlies

Old Mar 30th 2005, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

cornetto will become famous soon enough
Default Creepy crawlies

Hi,

Just a quick question! What is the situation in Dubai and the surrounds including Sharjah as far as insects and other creepy crawlies goes?

Are there wasps and hornets, and are there many of them?

Are there many spiders or scorpions?

I know the desert there are some but is it normal to encounter many of these things in the urban areas?

Thanks!
Old Mar 31st 2005, 3:54 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Creepy crawlies

Originally Posted by cornetto
Hi,

Just a quick question! What is the situation in Dubai and the surrounds including Sharjah as far as insects and other creepy crawlies goes?

I know the desert there are some but is it normal to encounter many of these things in the urban areas?

Thanks!

Haha this is a fireport right?????

Redbacks....and other creeps LOL
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Just a question!
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:12 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Just a question!

....and your answer sweetie xx
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:58 am
Just Joined

Not really but there you go.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 9:03 am
always be good

babybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond repute

Not really but there you go.
hehehe...
Old Mar 31st 2005, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Wow 87 visits and still no answer.

It's not a joke question!

Maybe the answer is on the site, and people are being like this because of that... Oh hang on, no it isn't answered elsewhere on here. Hmm.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Hi,

Thanks!
Hello Cornetto Not many creepy crawlies in urban areas like Jumeirah, but if you have an older villa with little holes then you might have a roach problem but make sure you fumigate.
If you move to live in Emirates Hills you will get a redback spider problem, I had my first redback 2 weeks ago
:scared: :scared: It's a problem in this part of town, they made it through some imported goods from Australia many years ago.

DE
Old Mar 31st 2005, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

Cool thanks for the info, are there many wasps in the urban areas as they are my least favourite insect lol
Old Mar 31st 2005, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Cool thanks for the info, are there many wasps in the urban areas as they are my least favourite insect lol
None at all, and don't live in Arabian Ranches if you don't like flies, my friend that lives there has had several fly into her mouth on more than one occasion
Old Mar 31st 2005, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juniper is just really niceJuniper is just really niceJuniper is just really niceJuniper is just really niceJuniper is just really niceJuniper is just really niceJuniper is just really niceJuniper is just really niceJuniper is just really niceJuniper is just really nice

I'm terrified of wasps probably because my mum is allergic and has to carry an allergy injection/pen type thing, because she has such a severe reaction to a wasps sting, so when we were little we'd have to run if she ever saw a wasp :scared:

We saw these tiny waspy looking things in Dubai last summer but didn't really take much notice until one stung me, but it only a slight sting and had only a mild reaction - nothing like when I get stung from a normal one.

I'm now getting like my mum and hate going outside in Aug because of them.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:20 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Just a question!

Hi Cornetto!

We lived on the Al wasl Road and we lived with Roaches, ants the size of woddlice and blind snakes though theses were only tiny .. got the pet control in to deal with the lot of em!

There are black spiders with white backs that do give a bite that itches more than anything else but I cant say that I have heard or seen of anyting else.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 5:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
Hello Cornetto Not many creepy crawlies in urban areas like Jumeirah, but if you have an older villa with little holes then you might have a roach problem but make sure you fumigate.
If you move to live in Emirates Hills you will get a redback spider problem, I had my first redback 2 weeks ago
:scared: :scared: It's a problem in this part of town, they made it through some imported goods from Australia many years ago.

DE

C cornetto no need to get so tetchy I did answer your question

REDBACK SPIDERS
Old Apr 1st 2005, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

neverland will become famous soon enoughneverland will become famous soon enough

Please tell me that it is not as bad as in Australia. I am so SICK of ants and cockroaches, mozzies and sandflies and spiders! I can't decide what I dislike most. Probably the roaches that are everywhere and nest everywhere no matter how much cleaning you do and how many times you spray.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:46 am
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neverland
Please tell me that it is not as bad as in Australia. I am so SICK of ants and cockroaches, mozzies and sandflies and spiders! I can't decide what I dislike most. Probably the roaches that are everywhere and nest everywhere no matter how much cleaning you do and how many times you spray.
It aint that bad, as for roaches it all depends on how old your villa is and how well maintained the place is, and as for ants well we have quite a lot around as i am sure most people do here but they really aren't a prob. We have had 1 Redback in 2 yrs of being here so thats not so bad either is it. As for scorpions snakes etc, we had a huge prob in Saudi with them but i have never had a prob here, other people may have. Of course you get all the nasties in the desert, so if you really don't like them dnt go there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.