Reload this Page >

Credit card issues Saudi Arabia

Credit card issues Saudi Arabia

Old Jul 30th 2011, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

di_hb is on a distinguished road
Default Credit card issues Saudi Arabia

Hi all
I am seeking advice from any expats who work or know of anyone that works in bank risk management. I had my saudi credit card details stolen whilst in the US. I cannot get any sense out of Samba bank whose service is absolutely appalling...I couldnt even cancel the card as the phone was never answered. It appears that the card has exceeded the credit limit many times over. I need advise on how I can get this resolved...Samba is not answering the phone (even though I have a direct number) and the email is not working...what does one do?
Any advice is appreciated

D
Old Jul 30th 2011, 1:29 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Credit card issues Saudi Arabia

Originally Posted by di_hb
Hi all
I am seeking advice from any expats who work or know of anyone that works in bank risk management. I had my saudi credit card details stolen whilst in the US. I cannot get any sense out of Samba bank whose service is absolutely appalling...I couldnt even cancel the card as the phone was never answered. It appears that the card has exceeded the credit limit many times over. I need advise on how I can get this resolved...Samba is not answering the phone (even though I have a direct number) and the email is not working...what does one do?
Any advice is appreciated

D
I work in banking, but on the operational risk, not credit risk side...
You should know by now that Saudi customer service is shitty.... best thing to do, is get someone who is still in Saudi to physically go into the branch and refuse to leave until they have either cancelled your card or registered the visit.... as so far as C-risk... tough one as they will say that you should have phoned immediately...even though you tried!!... I would hope that you have card insurance!... the other option is to check on the web to see if the have a representative office in the US.. I know many of them do in the UK
Old Jul 30th 2011, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
Thanks for your response. I have managed to cancel the card however its the aftermath re the amount owing that is the concerning issue. I cant seem to find out about liability...western banks dont hold you responsible. In Saudi who knows. The people I have spoken to so far avoid this issue...I am concerned that if I leave the country I will have this debt hanging over my head...
Tomorrow I will be "sitting" in the head office branch. Lets see what effect that will have!!!
Regards
Di
Old Aug 4th 2011, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

saeed409 is on a distinguished road

Unless you had credit card insurance, you are going to find that you have a liability. You are responsible for the card up to the time you had the card cancelled.

I know their service is cr**, but they will argue you should have tried more to have the card cancelled. Dont they have an emergency number? SABB does!
Old Aug 5th 2011, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Hi Saeed
Its all sorted now. They do have an emergency number which was never answered. I was left hanging. I wasnt liable as you stated. The transactions in dispute have all been reimbursed on my card. I did not know you could get credit card insurance...where from? This was a scary situation. The only way it was sorted was by having a person I know contact people they knew in the bank. It was then actioned. Anyone getting a credit card in Saudi should be careful who they are dealing with.
D