Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

credit card default

credit card default

Old Oct 16th 2009, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

ez24k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default credit card default

i havent been able to pay my credit card bills for 8months now (as of now its approx 45,000dhs) and still unemployed, but luckily ive got a job offer in Kuwait so.. planning to flight over,
my concern is will i be stopped in Dubai Airport due to credit card overdue?
even thou i didnt sign any security cheque when i make one?
and the strange thing is that i never get a call from the bank (ADCB)until now
or police

pls advise

thanks

Last edited by ez24k; Oct 16th 2009 at 10:18 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: credit card default

If no criminal case has been filed against you (this is highly unlikely, since like you say, you did not provide a security cheque that they could have used to file a police case) then no, you won't be stopped at the airport.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 6:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by IndieG
If no criminal case has been filed against you (this is highly unlikely, since like you say, you did not provide a security cheque that they could have used to file a police case) then no, you won't be stopped at the airport.
Thanks , thats because i have a account with this bank and they offer me a credit card i just signed a appilication form.

i have one more question. what about Etisalat internet bills?
i heard someone saying Etisalat can stop you since the sponsor is very powerful that they have links with airport immigration. i dont believe this
but does anybody had a such experience in airport immigration??

Last edited by ez24k; Oct 17th 2009 at 6:50 am.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 7:07 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ez24k
Thanks , thats because i have a account with this bank and they offer me a credit card i just signed a appilication form.

i have one more question. what about Etisalat internet bills?
i heard someone saying Etisalat can stop you since the sponsor is very powerful that they have links with airport immigration. i dont believe this
but does anybody had a such experience in airport immigration??
so it's not just an unpaid credit card, but also unpaid utility bills... anything else?

Obviously, the more companies that would potentially be after you, the thinner the ice you're treading on.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

i havent been able to pay my credit card bills for 8months now (as of now its approx 45,000dhs) and still unemployed, but luckily ive got a job offer in Kuwait so.. planning to flight over,
my concern is will i be stopped in Dubai Airport due to credit card overdue?
even thou i didnt sign any security cheque when i make one?
and the strange thing is that i never get a call from the bank (ADCB)until now
or police

pls advise

thanks
I would check on the Kuwait residency visa too - apparently it has been changed and you now need a police certificate from the last place of residence. Not too sure what that involves but it might be worth checking out the procedure with your new Employer.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
so it's not just an unpaid credit card, but also unpaid utility bills... anything else?

Obviously, the more companies that would potentially be after you, the thinner the ice you're treading on.
im very aware of that, i just wanna fix things before it gets out of control =(
how? get a job and pay off ....
Old Oct 17th 2009, 7:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by soukie
I would check on the Kuwait residency visa too - apparently it has been changed and you now need a police certificate from the last place of residence. Not too sure what that involves but it might be worth checking out the procedure with your new Employer.
thanks for the info, hmm if its true it makes more difficult to get a job around here for someone like me =(
Old Oct 17th 2009, 7:39 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

im very aware of that, i just wanna fix things before it gets out of control =(
how? get a job and pay off ....
don't worry, I'm not passing judgement or about to say something pointless like "oo, you should have thought of that before..."

You're doing the right thing by getting a job and trying to pay it off. Many, many threads have spoken of how daft the system here in the UAE is and it's true.

Was your Etisalat account paid by direct debit from a credit card? Our Du account is set up that way. Just thinking aloud, cos if it was being covered by an albeit ever-increasing credit card debt, then that is at least one less creditor you have to worry about.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 8:05 am
Just Joined

don't worry, I'm not passing judgement or about to say something pointless like "oo, you should have thought of that before..."

You're doing the right thing by getting a job and trying to pay it off. Many, many threads have spoken of how daft the system here in the UAE is and it's true.

Was your Etisalat account paid by direct debit from a credit card? Our Du account is set up that way. Just thinking aloud, cos if it was being covered by an albeit ever-increasing credit card debt, then that is at least one less creditor you have to worry about.
=) actually i did thought about the consequences using a credit card when im not able to afford to but i had no choice but to use it to survive(btw i regret it now) i thought to myself WTH i'll pay'em off when i get a new job haha that simple but obvioulsy the life isnt going exactly as you planned and im broke at the moment i dont know how much longer i can stay here as my visa expires this month ,anyhow
i paid etisalat internet bills thru machines
Old Oct 17th 2009, 8:30 am
Just Joined

is there any place i can go to check if im banned from travelling? (apart from police station)
i dont want to take a risk going thru airport immigration.

does anybody know?
Old Oct 17th 2009, 5:37 pm
ex-expat

what's the process for getting the police certificate? If you can do that online, say, then it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

what's the process for getting the police certificate? If you can do that online, say, then it'll tell you everything you need to know.
with a limited knowledge ,you need to go in person with your passport copy or original to nearest police station
they will check it thru computer, if there is any criminal case filed (although i havent signed the security cheque, u never know what might happen , the common sense or rules dont apply around here)
they can arrest me on the spot, this is as far as i know, i dont think you can do that thru online
and thank you for the tips. it made me realize something
i have no other way but to face it!

really frustrating , i never realize you can ended up in jail for unpaid credit card bill ,say i go to jail for this, after im free then what? you still need to pay for it if im right then whats the point of going in?
hard to get a second chance and time is ticking

am may be gonna take a risk of going to police station and find out once and for all

Last edited by ez24k; Oct 17th 2009 at 9:41 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

with a limited knowledge ,you need to go in person with your passport copy or original to nearest police station
they will check it thru computer, if there is any criminal case filed (although i havent signed the security cheque, u never know what might happen , the common sense or rules dont apply around here)
they can arrest me on the spot, this is as far as i know, i dont think you can do that thru online, can you?

really frustrating , i never realize you can ended up in jail for unpaid credit card bill ,say i go to jail for this, after im free then what? you still need to pay for it if im right then whats the point of going in?

am may be gonna take a risk of going to police station and find out once and for all
Call pretending that you are out of the country, use VOIP, and ask if there is a criminal case against you.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

I must Thank BE and the members for a wonderful website.
i spent almost 10 hrs reading the threads and able to find lots of info on actual living experience as expats

wish i could have known BE earlier then i wouldnt be in deep trouble
Old Oct 18th 2009, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

they can arrest me on the spot, this is as far as i know, i dont think you can do that thru online

You won't have a police/criminal case (if unpaid debt is the only issue) filed against you by either the bank or Etisalat - you will be able to obtain a PCC easily.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.