Reload this Page >

Cost of living in Riyadh-KSA

Cost of living in Riyadh-KSA

Old Aug 18th 2022, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Taurus85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cost of living in Riyadh-KSA

Originally Posted by Munts
Thanks for the update Taurus85 100m2 for 28+4 seems very reasonable - is it 12mo in advance?
6month contract - payment in advance.
Old Aug 18th 2022, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Munts is an unknown quantity at this point

👍
Old Sep 2nd 2022, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

Obiworld is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I'm moving to Riyadh in end of October. Looking for advice on general living costs etc. I will be on my own earning approx 35k SAR.

Also what's the situation with getting a car. Is that complicated and what websites or forums can I be use to purchase/lease one?
Old Sep 3rd 2022, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Taurus85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Obiworld
Hi All,

I'm moving to Riyadh in end of October. Looking for advice on general living costs etc. I will be on my own earning approx 35k SAR.

Also what's the situation with getting a car. Is that complicated and what websites or forums can I be use to purchase/lease one?
35k is just salary or the sum of salary+allowances?
Old Sep 21st 2022, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Djuro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Obiworld
Hi All,

As all will say it depends but for a single person SAR 35k is decent especially if you live off compound. Taurus85's figures are quite on spot, with leisure part one that varies massively depending on whether you want to go out and about, travel, etc. or are happy to keep it simple.

I rent a car via an app, long term - cheapest but brand new rubbishy car at SAR 1,800 p.m. all inclusive but petrol, relatively decent service. No point in my view in buying or renting anything flashy since you will be crashed into regularly. And I rent because if you buy/lease you have to pay off the car and sell it before you leave the country, and you never know when you may leave in this place.
Old Sep 21st 2022, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Djuro
No point in my view in buying or renting anything flashy since you will be crashed into regularly.
Even possible when no one is actually moving.

On a serious note, stay off the roads in KSA. It's a death trap.