Reload this Page >

converting the money

converting the money

Old Jun 4th 2021, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Kinko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default converting the money

Hi,
I have been working in Dubai for a year but I am moving back to the UK. The AED exchange rate againt the Pound is much lower than what I anticipated before coming here. Would you recommend I convert my savings here before moving back to the UK? Is there a risk to get fraudlent banknotes?If you have any recommendation where to get a good exchange rate, please let me know.
The other option is to take the AED banknotes to convert them in the UK espeically when the exchange rate becomes better.

Cheers
Old Jun 4th 2021, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

SandyMcSand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: converting the money

Revolut
Old Jun 5th 2021, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: converting the money

Originally Posted by Kinko
Hi,
I have been working in Dubai for a year but I am moving back to the UK. The AED exchange rate againt the Pound is much lower than what I anticipated before coming here. Would you recommend I convert my savings here before moving back to the UK? Is there a risk to get fraudlent banknotes?If you have any recommendation where to get a good exchange rate, please let me know.
The other option is to take the AED banknotes to convert them in the UK espeically when the exchange rate becomes better.

Cheers
why do you need banknotes ?

Open a currency account (Revolut or Wise) or keep an AED account here until you are ready to exchange.