Reload this Page >

Contracts in Saudi

Contracts in Saudi

Old Jun 5th 2009, 7:50 am
Just Joined

happytree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Contracts in Saudi

Hi all
I am about to sign a contract in Saudi. Can anyone advise on the follwing:[LIST][*]If a contrcat is signed for 2 yrs and the employer terminates, what recourse does the employee have. Have heard that this can happen
[*]What happens if you want to change jobs before two years is up? What penaties are incurred?

Thanks in anticipation
Old Jun 5th 2009, 6:40 pm
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all
Default Re: Contracts in Saudi

From my own experience you would get a months notice and a ticket home, plus whatever accrued holiday pay etc.

There would be no compensation for inconvenience or loss of income if that is what you are wondering. Same would apply if you quit, i.e. one months notice from you and you buy your own ticket.

Your Iqama would be cancelled and you would not be able to get another job for 6 months in Saudi unless you get a letter of no objection.

Re switching jobs, very rare as, generally, the employer has the opinion that he paid a lot to get you here to work, not job hunt. He will not make it easy for you to move unless you are being laid off.

It is rare for a firm to let someone go before end of contract as it is expensive to get expats here so why waste money by getting rid of him?
Old Jun 6th 2009, 5:56 am
Just Joined

happytree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contracts in Saudi

Thanks for the information.