Reload this Page >

construction work in dubai

construction work in dubai

Old Feb 24th 2004, 6:30 am
Just Joined

karyn terry is an unknown quantity at this point
Question construction work in dubai

Hi everyone
i wonder if you can help us. I am a dryliner in the UK and have been in this industry for 10yrs. My partner and i have worked in the residential and commercial side of this work. We would very much like to find work in Dubai as we know there is an awful lot of building going on in Dubai. Can anyone advise us of any contractors that are working there that we may apply to for work.
My wife is a nail technician. Can anyone advise on this kind of work there we are both qualified in our fields of work.

thanks for your help
keith and karyn
Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Stublue.KPL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: construction work in dubai

Originally posted by karyn terry
Hi everyone
i wonder if you can help us. I am a dryliner in the UK and have been in this industry for 10yrs. My partner and i have worked in the residential and commercial side of this work. We would very much like to find work in Dubai as we know there is an awful lot of building going on in Dubai. Can anyone advise us of any contractors that are working there that we may apply to for work.
My wife is a nail technician. Can anyone advise on this kind of work there we are both qualified in our fields of work.

thanks for your help
keith and karyn
Dont want to spoil your hopes entirely here but im afraid that working in the construction industry in Dubai isnt the best paying jobs.
Im an electrician and I was looking to get out there to join my girlfriend and decided to do a bit of research in to the wages on the net and when i visited her in january. not too sure about your own trade but the likes of Sparks, Plumbers, Heating engineers etc all earn around £280.....................a month!!!!
the reason seems to be that most of the employees are of pakistani/indian background and are obviously willing to work for less than ourselves (no disrespect to anyone). the only way around this would be to get a supervisor/foremans job but even then the wages arent anywhere near the uk.
I was offered a job by a brit out there as a sparks supervisor and that was paying around £1200 a month but he could only give me 2 months work and said that he basically couldnt afford me any longer as he could get an indian in to do the job for less than half that amount.
you could look at Gulfnews.com and check the classifieds and maybe get something but i wouldnt hold ou too much hope.
good luck anyway mate.
Old Mar 13th 2004, 9:31 am
Just Joined

istara is an unknown quantity at this point

By nail technician do you mean like a manicurist/beautician? There are plenty of jobs for that here, but they are nearly universally taken by Filipino ladies, and my guess would be their salaries are pitiful.

Anything here in the service industry pays low, because of the availability of cheap subcontinental labour. Ditto construction. Unless you can find a fairly senior managerial position, there is little point coming here: you literally would not be able to earn enough to pay your rent in an acceptable area. (Cheap subcon workers live in cramped conditions, with most sharing rooms between 8 or 10 people).