Reload this Page >

Considering Moving to Dubai

Considering Moving to Dubai

Old May 5th 2016, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

niccrof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Considering Moving to Dubai

Hi All,

I am currently considering a move to Dubai but I don't have a clue where to start in terms of job hunting, houses etc.

I am currently living in the UK and working as a Marketing Assistant so I would be looking for a similar type job, although I would be happy to do any type of job to get me started.

Would anyone be able to offer me some advice? Doe the companies you get the job offer you accommodation? do you require visas/permits? jobs,houses etc.

Old May 5th 2016, 2:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Considering Moving to Dubai

Originally Posted by niccrof
... I would be looking for a similar type job, although I would be happy to do any type of job to get me started.
Welcome to BE and good luck....though it doesn't really work that way.

You've got to ideally network, know what you want to do, have the skills and experience to make it worth someone going to the hassle of hiring you, especially when they can get monkeys, for peanuts, in essence.

But getting an actual job is pretty much like it is anywhere else.
Old May 5th 2016, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
Welcome to BE and good luck....though it doesn't really work that way.

You've got to ideally network, know what you want to do, have the skills and experience to make it worth someone going to the hassle of hiring you, especially when they can get monkeys, for peanuts, in essence.

But getting an actual job is pretty much like it is anywhere else.

Thank you for your reply. Sorry to sounds silly but what sort of networking do I do? Is there specific people I need to speak to?
Old May 5th 2016, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Thank you for your reply. Sorry to sounds silly but what sort of networking do I do? Is there specific people I need to speak to?
Start with Linkedin.
Do you have a degree? How many years experience?
Old May 5th 2016, 4:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

How did you get a job in the UK?

Don't you ever go to any industry related events, conferences, talks, expo shows?

All that shit, meet people, get emails, keep anything all connected on LinkedIn and do the same shit on that.
Old May 5th 2016, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Hi, yes i have a marketing degree with just over 3 years experience in a marketing job.
Old May 5th 2016, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

I found my job online.

yes, i attend these types of events with work but the company i work for is a Scottish based company so it is only local or UK wide businesses that I really get to network with.
Old May 5th 2016, 5:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

yes, i attend these types of events with work but the company i work for is a Scottish based company so it is only local or UK wide businesses that I really get to network with.
The amazing thing about a global market....people move on to new jobs.

Your contacts, they move, they go to other countries and other jobs. That's why networking is useful and that's why LinkedIn helps.

It's not complicated.
Old May 6th 2016, 6:56 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, yes i have a marketing degree with just over 3 years experience in a marketing job.
Originally Posted by Bob
The amazing thing about a global market....people move on to new jobs.

Your contacts, they move, they go to other countries and other jobs. That's why networking is useful and that's why LinkedIn helps.

It's not complicated.
I'm trying to spot the difference between marketing a product, and marketing onself. Or do you market your product only to people within a 20-mile radius of where you work? Physician, heal thyself.
Old May 6th 2016, 1:08 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The OP has internet access so can easily find out a bit of info about the UAE.

Do a bit of work yourself and then we might help you but if you need to be hand-fed you won't cut it here.
Old May 8th 2016, 8:37 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
The OP has internet access so can easily find out a bit of info about the UAE.

Do a bit of work yourself and then we might help you but if you need to be hand-fed you won't cut it here.
Now THAT is how to do a mic-drop..!!!!
Old May 8th 2016, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

There is no need for everyone to be rude, I was only asking for a bit of advice.
Old May 8th 2016, 2:17 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

There is no need for everyone to be rude, I was only asking for a bit of advice.
Not rude, just to the point. There is loads of info on this board and online so you start there. No one here has the time to walk you thorough the full process of moving to the UAE.

I've helped hundreds of people over the years but I wasn't kidding when I said if you can't help yourself a little this place isn't for you. The UAE is not Milton Keynes with more sand (fewer roundabouts for starters).

If you can't manage to do some research all on your own, then in all seriousness you need to stick to the UK until you are ready to play with the big kids. There is no safety net in the ME and you need to be a big girl.