Consequences...

Old Jan 3rd 2010, 3:35 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Consequences...

Originally Posted by mission
screw morals, its all about earning the bucks and taking what you can

you white folks crack me up....seating there making judgements calls lol, typical white brits.
Judgement call? you were asking for peoples opinions, what do you expect?

I presume you are not white and not a Brit (not that it makes a difference?)

Its about earning bucks and taking what is yours, not what doesnt belong to you.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i feel sorry for you...and you will get what you deserve...
this is hilarious
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 3:41 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

this is hilarious
I really don't see what is funny about all this...a crime is a crime, whether you get caught or not...I'd personally wouldn't like to live with something like that, every time I'd have to travel I'd shit myself at passport control just in case there is something on file...for that reason alone I'd never consider it.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
I really don't see what is funny about all this...a crime is a crime, whether you get caught or not...I'd personally wouldn't like to live with something like that, every time I'd have to travel I'd shit myself at passport control just in case there is something on file...for that reason alone I'd never consider it.
the reason im sat here laughing at this, is because so many on here have already been judge and jury....i never said i have lost my job and i never said i dont have the means of paying the debts if i was out of work - but if the options are coming clean and handing over one's saving and STILL getting locked up, then i'd much rather do a runner.

And this is what i've heard, that regardless of the fact that you come clean and are willing to make some kind of repayment, the banks arent interested - which why i was surprised to read MEOW post about banks having a debt crises phone number to ring. And hence am trying ascertain what is the best cause of action, should the situation arise.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

screw morals, its all about earning the bucks and taking what you can

you white folks crack me up....seating there making judgements calls lol, typical white brits.
you white folks crack me up

Don't tell me that avatar is really you????????
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Dean
you white folks crack me up

Don't tell me that avatar is really you????????
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

And hence am trying ascertain what is the best cause of action, should the situation arise.
Should the situation arise, do the right thing, man up and approach your obligations honestly. Don't be a snivelling turd.

If you do a runner, you just make it more and more difficult for everyone else here. And you will constantly be looking over your shoulder everytime you pass through an airport - you'll never know who the UAE have extradition treaties with. Polanski anyone...?
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

the reason im sat here laughing at this, is because so many on here have already been judge and jury....i never said i have lost my job and i never said i dont have the means of paying the debts if i was out of work - but if the options are coming clean and handing over one's saving and STILL getting locked up, then i'd much rather do a runner.

And this is what i've heard, that regardless of the fact that you come clean and are willing to make some kind of repayment, the banks arent interested - which why i was surprised to read MEOW post about banks having a debt crises phone number to ring. And hence am trying ascertain what is the best cause of action, should the situation arise.
That is not what you asked.

If you come clean and hand over savings...then there is no debt and no issue.

If you come clean with insufficient savings / assets and try to arrange a payment plan...that means you do not have the ability to repay the debt in which case most would agree to do a runner and try to arrange repayment from the safety of home.

You quite clearly asked (in post #5 and #11 and especially #20) why would you repay debt with savings when you could apparently quite easily run off as the banks here don't talk to banks in UK.

Last edited by Jeeper; Jan 3rd 2010 at 3:59 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Well Mission, I will defo not be arranging a meeting with you to talk about you training with me. You have debts and you are thinking about doing a runner yet you are looking for a P/T???

I work for myself, set myself up in business here and pay my own rent. I don't use a credit card except if I need to pay for something essential online.
If I don't have the cash to go out or buy a new pair of shoes (for example) then I don't do it.
If I had to leave Dubai in a hurry I can pack up and leave with no debts.

However, it is probably a waste of time any of us talking to you about it because you do not appear to have a conscience.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 3:59 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

well, you've made it clear that in theory you wouldn't have a problem with doing a runner, and others have said that they think that is the wrong attitude...I don't think that is being judge and jury...
and what has skin colour or nationality got to do with any of this, are white people stupid for paying their debts, do black people not pay theirs...I don't think so...
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Well Mission, I will defo not be arranging a meeting with you to talk about you training with me. You have debts and you are thinking about doing a runner yet you are looking for a P/T???

I work for myself, set myself up in business here and pay my own rent. I don't use a credit card except if I need to pay for something essential online.
If I don't have the cash to go out or buy a new pair of shoes (for example) then I don't do it.
If I had to leave Dubai in a hurry I can pack up and leave with no debts.

However, it is probably a waste of time any of us talking to you about it because you do not appear to have a conscience.
its ok, no worries - im sure i'll find another P/T who'll be more than happy to take my money
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MataHari
.. do black people not pay theirs...I don't think so...
Nope - always paid mine. We are terminating our company in the UAE at the present, at great loss, but your reputation is the one and only thing you have that you can be sure will follow you and catch you up...
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Handsome is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say that you will be in a better position to manage your debt in the UK. A very close friend of mine who used to work in Dubai did the runner. After arriving in the US, he did contact them and now paying minimum payment. He is safe and trying to look for a job which I am sure that he will find soon.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 5:03 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Ok i agree with your analogy about it being 'theft', although in essence it isnt theft as per se, i didnt go out and rob the bank, the bank gave me a car loan and gave me the credit cards. I didn't 'stea' it from them.
no, you didn't actively rob the bank, but you went and spent money that wasn't yours. The banks *lend* you the money. Would you borrow money from a mate, not pay it back and then say it wasn't theft cos you didn't take it from him at knife-point?

Last edited by Hello.Kitty; Jan 3rd 2010 at 5:09 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 5:07 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

this is hilarious
yep it is, and you're the joke!

how you believe that because the banks 'gave' you a credit card you are allowed to run it up and not pay it back is beyond me. you are clearly a complete prat..

using your logic why don't you apply for some more credit cards and buy another car just in case you get made redundant since you clearly have no plans to pay anything back anyway...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.