Confused...

Old Dec 8th 2008, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

jayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the rough
Default Confused...

Could somebody help me out please...

what is the difference between an employment visa and a residence visa?... and what is the medical done for? the employment or the residence?.

I arrived last week with my little print out in hand which my employer had sent me, went off to the immigration desk at the airport, before having my passport stamped and coming in. I was under the impression that this was a temporary employment visa?... but now im confused. I gave my employer my passport and was told that a medical would be booked and then the residence visa would be in process?... problem is that i'm due to fly back home on the 24th december. Where do i stand? i guess technically my passport hasnt gone anywhere yet and is probably in my PRO's drawer?...so i guess i could get it back and fly right? and then complete the visa process on my return? as there doesnt seem to be any chance of me gettig it done before i travel. But where does that leave me with working?...is it ok to do that? ive heard so many people say that i cannot travel until i have my residence visa... and of course... my employer has my passport.

somebody please explain this is hurting my brain

Thank you so much
Old Dec 8th 2008, 5:43 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused...

Originally Posted by jayne29
Could somebody help me out please...

what is the difference between an employment visa and a residence visa?... and what is the medical done for? the employment or the residence?.

I arrived last week with my little print out in hand which my employer had sent me, went off to the immigration desk at the airport, before having my passport stamped and coming in. I was under the impression that this was a temporary employment visa?... but now im confused. I gave my employer my passport and was told that a medical would be booked and then the residence visa would be in process?... problem is that i'm due to fly back home on the 24th december. Where do i stand? i guess technically my passport hasnt gone anywhere yet and is probably in my PRO's drawer?...so i guess i could get it back and fly right? and then complete the visa process on my return? as there doesnt seem to be any chance of me gettig it done before i travel. But where does that leave me with working?...is it ok to do that? ive heard so many people say that i cannot travel until i have my residence visa... and of course... my employer has my passport.

somebody please explain this is hurting my brain

Thank you so much

My brain is nipping aussi ce soir,so have a read thru' this:
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-dubai-and-UAE.php

Cutting to the chase, get your PP back,go on your vacation then return.
I don't know what the piece of paper you were given was..could be 14 day stay could be intro re work permit.You must have clear medical before your Employer will process sponsorship. visa etc .Make that a priority when you return-its a chest xray and a coupla bloods,nothing major but until that's done your Visa is going nowhere.hth

Last edited by Eva; Dec 8th 2008 at 5:56 pm.