Compound Expenses

Old May 31st 2010, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

yorkshire lady is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Compound Expenses

Can anyone tell me if 3,500 sar a month is enough to live in any expat compounds with facilities ie pools, market, playground for children.
Thanks
Old May 31st 2010, 8:21 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Compound Expenses

Originally Posted by yorkshire lady
Can anyone tell me if 3,500 sar a month is enough to live in any expat compounds with facilities ie pools, market, playground for children.
Thanks
No compound that you would be happy to live on will cost that little. I can only speak for Khobar, but doubt that Jeddah or Riyadh will be any different.

On a decent western compound in Khobar you would expect to pay anywhere between SR 120,000 and 200,000 for a 2-3 bedroom place with access to the facilities you mention.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

It is about the same here in Riyadh there are only a couple of cheaper compounds , with mine being one of them , but most of the compounds are full at the moment.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:47 am
Just Joined

expatwanabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Have the compounds in KSA always been full, or is this a new issuie?
Old Jun 1st 2010, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

The situation here in Riyadh at this time hasnt really helped with the recent closure of 3 compounds.
Also with the UAE and people all jumping on the party bus to get out,
either by then losing there jobs or doing a runner.
More expats are now looking at Saudi.
So compound availability always has been a little tight.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:26 am
Just Joined

yorkshire lady is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by norsk
No compound that you would be happy to live on will cost that little. I can only speak for Khobar, but doubt that Jeddah or Riyadh will be any different.

On a decent western compound in Khobar you would expect to pay anywhere between SR 120,000 and 200,000 for a 2-3 bedroom place with access to the facilities you mention.
Ok thanks for your info
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

alimta is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to give you an idea, a studio apartment in FAL compound is about 52000.00 SAR per annum.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

britz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alimta
Just to give you an idea, a studio apartment in FAL compound is about 52000.00 SAR per annum.

Can you please provide me with the price range of a 3 bedroom villa in the compounds in khobar.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 12:49 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britz
Can you please provide me with the price range of a 3 bedroom villa in the compounds in khobar.

I looked at a 3 bedroom villa/townhouse in Al Rushaid Compound in Khobar last year. Price was SR 145,000 if I remember correctly, and it wasn't really that nice unless you like carpets and avocado bathrooms...
Old Jun 11th 2010, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

In our compound (Arabian Homes) the smaller villas are around 150k SR.
42k SR is ridiculously low and I honestly doubt, that you will get an even remotely acceptable offer from this company, when this is how they start.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Alex.Bek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dilmun
In our compound (Arabian Homes) the smaller villas are around 150k SR.
42k SR is ridiculously low and I honestly doubt, that you will get an even remotely acceptable offer from this company, when this is how they start.
Al Waha - ~ 70K yearly for 1 bed