British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Compound Expenses (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/compound-expenses-670498/)

yorkshire lady May 31st 2010 5:21 pm

Compound Expenses

Can anyone tell me if 3,500 sar a month is enough to live in any expat compounds with facilities ie pools, market, playground for children.

norsk May 31st 2010 8:21 pm

Re: Compound Expenses

Originally Posted by yorkshire lady (Post 8601894)
Can anyone tell me if 3,500 sar a month is enough to live in any expat compounds with facilities ie pools, market, playground for children.

No compound that you would be happy to live on will cost that little. I can only speak for Khobar, but doubt that Jeddah or Riyadh will be any different.

On a decent western compound in Khobar you would expect to pay anywhere between SR 120,000 and 200,000 for a 2-3 bedroom place with access to the facilities you mention.

coffindodger Jun 1st 2010 3:04 am

It is about the same here in Riyadh there are only a couple of cheaper compounds , with mine being one of them , but most of the compounds are full at the moment.

expatwanabe Jun 1st 2010 4:47 am

Have the compounds in KSA always been full, or is this a new issuie?

coffindodger Jun 1st 2010 5:50 am

The situation here in Riyadh at this time hasnt really helped with the recent closure of 3 compounds.
Also with the UAE and people all jumping on the party bus to get out,
either by then losing there jobs or doing a runner.
More expats are now looking at Saudi.
So compound availability always has been a little tight.

yorkshire lady Jun 1st 2010 6:26 am

Originally Posted by norsk (Post 8602257)
No compound that you would be happy to live on will cost that little. I can only speak for Khobar, but doubt that Jeddah or Riyadh will be any different.

On a decent western compound in Khobar you would expect to pay anywhere between SR 120,000 and 200,000 for a 2-3 bedroom place with access to the facilities you mention.

Ok thanks for your info:)

alimta Jun 2nd 2010 10:02 pm

Just to give you an idea, a studio apartment in FAL compound is about 52000.00 SAR per annum.

britz Jun 10th 2010 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by alimta (Post 8607235)
Just to give you an idea, a studio apartment in FAL compound is about 52000.00 SAR per annum.

Can you please provide me with the price range of a 3 bedroom villa in the compounds in khobar.

norsk Jun 11th 2010 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by britz (Post 8625378)
Can you please provide me with the price range of a 3 bedroom villa in the compounds in khobar.

I looked at a 3 bedroom villa/townhouse in Al Rushaid Compound in Khobar last year. Price was SR 145,000 if I remember correctly, and it wasn't really that nice unless you like carpets and avocado bathrooms...

Dilmun Jun 11th 2010 4:49 pm

In our compound (Arabian Homes) the smaller villas are around 150k SR.
42k SR is ridiculously low and I honestly doubt, that you will get an even remotely acceptable offer from this company, when this is how they start.

Alex.Bek Jun 28th 2010 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Dilmun (Post 8626873)
In our compound (Arabian Homes) the smaller villas are around 150k SR.
42k SR is ridiculously low and I honestly doubt, that you will get an even remotely acceptable offer from this company, when this is how they start.

Al Waha - ~ 70K yearly for 1 bed