Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

company car charges

company car charges

Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:08 am
Just Joined

pete9001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default company car charges

Hi there all, i have the use of a company car (Toyota Prado) which may sound ok but the want to deduct from my salary 65k per annum.
does anyone know how they calculate the annual cost for company car use and what alternatives are there available for that sort of money per year, from what i have seen i could buy a supercar for that price.
anyone any thoughts, comments or experiences?
cheers
Peter
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: company car charges

Originally Posted by pete9001
Hi there all, i have the use of a company car (Toyota Prado) which may sound ok but the want to deduct from my salary 65k per annum.
does anyone know how they calculate the annual cost for company car use and what alternatives are there available for that sort of money per year, from what i have seen i could buy a supercar for that price.
anyone any thoughts, comments or experiences?
cheers
Peter
absolute ripoff! you could have paid for a new Prado in 2 years at that rate!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:40 am
Just Joined

hi there, i think i understand that indeed so what options would you recommend
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:43 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Tell them you'll take the 65k per year as a car allowance instead that should open up negotiations
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

hi there, i think i understand that indeed so what options would you recommend
most people get a transport allowance as part of their package which is used to buy a car.
You should just tell them that you don't want to use the company car and spend the money of buying a car instead.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
most people get a transport allowance as part of their package which is used to buy a car.
You should just tell them that you don't want to use the company car and spend the money of buying a car instead.
ah right well i can take the 65k in my pocket no problem is it then better to buy insure and feed it with petrol or look for a lease company, i am resonably new here in dubai and would really like to get this bit right LOL
peter
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ah right well i can take the 65k in my pocket no problem is it then better to buy insure and feed it with petrol or look for a lease company, i am resonably new here in dubai and would really like to get this bit right LOL
peter
I drive a 4.0L V6 and put 50 dirhams a week in petrol in the tank. Insurance is abt 4-5K a year for my car. then of course when I decide to get rid of the car I keep what I sell it for.

NBAD are doing car finance at less than 4pct at the moment
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:08 am
Just Joined

I drive a 4.0L V6 and put 50 dirhams a week in petrol in the tank. Insurance is abt 4-5K a year for my car. then of course when I decide to get rid of the car I keep what I sell it for.

NBAD are doing car finance at less than 4pct at the moment
splendid then i will have a look at whats available for sale and do my calculations from there then
NBAD must be a bank then i pressume, i am with HSBC (another mistake no doubt) :-)
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

splendid then i will have a look at whats available for sale and do my calculations from there then
NBAD must be a bank then i pressume, i am with HSBC (another mistake no doubt) :-)
National Bank of Abu Dhabi
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:55 am
Just Joined

National Bank of Abu Dhabi
ah right i have heard of them,,,, just been looking on a web page at cars for sale ,,,,,, its easier to pick a woman than a car (sorry ladies)
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ah right i have heard of them,,,, just been looking on a web page at cars for sale ,,,,,, its easier to pick a woman than a car (sorry ladies)
have a look at dubizzle.com if you want second hand
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:17 am
Just Joined

have a look at dubizzle.com if you want second hand
just had a look there good choice but fancied an XKR and they didnt have one, think i will have a walk around one of the big showrooms and find out what all the model numbers mean,,, looked at Merc but friend told me they are taxi's everywgere else in the world :-)