Reload this Page >

Cohabit??? Need advise please.

Cohabit??? Need advise please.

Old Jun 30th 2008, 3:58 am
Just Joined

rosal6769 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Cohabit??? Need advise please.

Hello,
My partner has landed a job in Abu Dhabi, due to start in a few weeks time (Panic). Accomodation is included for him, however we have now realised something....(thanks to this site)...We can not live together! We didnt realise this.
His work visa is being sorted by the company, so we really dont know what to do about me. Would i be able to travel out to AD with him, and enter on a holiday visa? If so, i then have to return to UK after max of 90 days??? Then what? How long before i can return to AD again?
I am really worried about getting out there with him and then getting refused entry (as we are going to be staying in the same villa).
Can anybody shed any light on the best avenue to take?
Many thanks.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 4:54 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cohabit??? Need advise please.

Is getting married an option?
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rosal6769
Hello,
My partner has landed a job in Abu Dhabi, due to start in a few weeks time (Panic). Accomodation is included for him, however we have now realised something....(thanks to this site)...We can not live together! We didnt realise this.
His work visa is being sorted by the company, so we really dont know what to do about me. Would i be able to travel out to AD with him, and enter on a holiday visa? If so, i then have to return to UK after max of 90 days??? Then what? How long before i can return to AD again?
I am really worried about getting out there with him and then getting refused entry (as we are going to be staying in the same villa).
Many thanks.
someone else already answered this on the other thread where you posted the same question...it is illegal to cohabit, but loads and loads of people do. The issue may be with your partner's company if they find out you are living together...

MM, xx
Old Jun 30th 2008, 8:52 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
The issue may be with your partner's company if they find out you are living together...
The bigger issue may actually be the situation over visa runs, depending if and how they change the system.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eeyore
The bigger issue may actually be the situation over visa runs, depending if and how they change the system.
as the situation looks though they are not changing the situation for visa runs for Brits etc.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 9:59 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
Many thanks.
If you go around telling everyone you are married you should be ok but as mentioned already without paperwork his company or the landlord might take issue. Don't whatever you do get pregnant without being married though - that can land you in jail (oh yes, welcome to the land of the free and modern arabian cities!)

Your partner cannot sponsor you for residence unless you are married so you will either be doing visa runs every couple of months or you should find work so you can be with him.

Good luck...you're not the only one in this situation!

N.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 10:25 am
Just Joined

rosal6769 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much every one. The decision is for me to return to UK, and my chap will get started in his new job, we will tackle the visa in a month or two.
Very sad...lots of tears already....but what must be must be. Marriage just for a visa is out of the question.
We dont want to stay in Tasmania, too quiet, money rather poor....Not what we expected. We work hard, long hours, nothing to do....not for us.
When we marry we do it because WE want to, not just for a visa.
Thank you again guys.
Much appreciated.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much every one. The decision is for me to return to UK, and my chap will get started in his new job, we will tackle the visa in a month or two.
Very sad...lots of tears already....but what must be must be. Marriage just for a visa is out of the question.
We dont want to stay in Tasmania, too quiet, money rather poor....Not what we expected. We work hard, long hours, nothing to do....not for us.
Thank you again guys.
Much appreciated.
you really shouldn't worry. you just have to pop over the border to Oman to renew your visa.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 10:35 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
you really shouldn't worry. you just have to pop over the border to Oman to renew your visa.
He's right you know, it's really not that difficult. Also bear in mind that it is almost impossible to live here without doing something illegal sometimes, such are the number of laws here governing personal relationships, housing, drinking alcohol, etc.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:10 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

We dont want to stay in Tasmania, too quiet, money rather poor....Not what we expected
Be aware that "not what we expected" is a common litany among newbie expats in the UAE who weren't made properly aware of just how expensive it is to live here now. During the hiring process, companies are very keen to trumpet the "no income tax" line, while being less keen to be upfront about the true cost of living
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:16 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you again guys.
Much appreciated.
good for you, I'm not down with this 'lets get married it'll make things easier' SHITE.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Spugsy
good for you, I'm not down with this 'lets get married it'll make things easier' SHITE.
What, not even to get out of Tasmania?!?
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
yeah, i pretty much agree...but not being married here does make everything a hell of a lot more difficult...

MM, xx
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:51 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, i pretty much agree...but not being married here does make everything a hell of a lot more difficult...

MM, xx
never did for me, we lived together for two years before we got married. I worked and had my own visa, thousands of people live together here.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 1:07 pm
W10

MM, xx
In what way? Inconveniences or genuine problems?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.