Codeine

Old Aug 5th 2011, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

slewts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Codeine

Hi, we are emigrating to Abu Dhabi towards the end of August, and bringing my sister in law with us for 2 weeks whilst we settle in with our two children. I've just found out she is taking Codeine for a back / leg injury and needs to continue to take this. I know Codeine is a banned substance in the UAE, but just wondered if anyone knew if having a prescription from your GP would be OK to bring it in to the country?

Thanks
Sarah
Old Aug 6th 2011, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Codeine

Originally Posted by slewts
Hi, we are emigrating to Abu Dhabi towards the end of August, and bringing my sister in law with us for 2 weeks whilst we settle in with our two children. I've just found out she is taking Codeine for a back / leg injury and needs to continue to take this. I know Codeine is a banned substance in the UAE, but just wondered if anyone knew if having a prescription from your GP would be OK to bring it in to the country?

Thanks
Sarah
I do not know the answer to your question. But check it very carefully as codeine has been a big problem in the past and put people in jail awaiting a trial.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 5:06 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Sarah
As I understand it, they couldn't care less if a doctor in western country or otherwise prescribed it, it's illegal.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
As I understand it, they couldn't care less if a doctor in western country or otherwise prescribed it, it's illegal.
Correct - it is regarded as a narcotic out here.

There are legal alternatives - tell them to check with their GP.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I definately won't risk it, she needs to bring an alternative. What about Voltran?
Old Aug 6th 2011, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

I have doctor (here in the US) prescribed hydrocodone, it's the only thing that works for severe pain relief.
Hydrocodone is stronger than Codeine (for pain relief), is it also banned in the UAE ?
Old Aug 6th 2011, 7:24 am
Just Joined

slewts is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all, just checked with her and she can't take voltarol / voltran but is going to check with her GP for an alternative.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

full list and advice here

http://www.fairtrials.net/press/arti...stances_in_uae
Old Aug 6th 2011, 11:15 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you can bring it. However, you need a notarized doctors letter in both English and Arabic and I would recommend you also get it stamped by the UAE Embassy.

Codeine is metabolized by the liver into morphine, so any blood test in the event of an accident or any trouble at all with police (very unlikely, but life can be a little unpredictable here, and things spiral very quickly out of control) would show up as morphine, which is big trouble, instant minimum 4 years in prison with no appeal.

Given the amount of trouble to do all this, it would be much better to find a legal alternative, though make sure you check that with the UAE Embassy also - the online resources are not always up to date.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ctfc
Yes, you can bring it. However, you need a notarized doctors letter in both English and Arabic and I would recommend you also get it stamped by the UAE Embassy.

Codeine is metabolized by the liver into morphine, so any blood test in the event of an accident or any trouble at all with police (very unlikely, but life can be a little unpredictable here, and things spiral very quickly out of control) would show up as morphine, which is big trouble, instant minimum 4 years in prison with no appeal.

Given the amount of trouble to do all this, it would be much better to find a legal alternative, though make sure you check that with the UAE Embassy also - the online resources are not always up to date.
have you finished your conference call darling????
Old Aug 6th 2011, 11:28 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
have you finished your conference call darling????
Only just! Party looked like a lot of fun, but I was on the phone to Houston half the evening
Old Aug 6th 2011, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ctfc
Only just! Party looked like a lot of fun, but I was on the phone to Houston half the evening
Next time then sweetie xx
Old Aug 6th 2011, 11:59 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I am taking Ponstan for back pain, it's good, mix it with brufen and vodka for desired results
Old Aug 6th 2011, 3:36 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Sarah
If it's just for her pain tell her to take nothing on the plane and get something here, the pharmacist will give her something strong.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 6:03 pm
Sueffun

sueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nice

My aunt is travelling on Emmirates from the UK to South Africa in September, there is a two hour stop over at the airport. She has many orthopedic problems and will be in a wheelchair, would the same rules apply to her if any of her meds have these ingredients in, because now I'm worried.
My husband said not to take any notice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.