Clinics/Hospitals Riyadh

Clinics/Hospitals Riyadh

Old Oct 9th 2011, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Nikki1103 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Clinics/Hospitals Riyadh

Hi

So Im nearly on my way to Riyadh.
Was just after some advice on the health care.
We will be bringing our 10 month old daughter so want to get registerded as soon as possible from arriving, you can never be too careful.
We get private health care insurance through my husbands company but they have not said the clinic or hospital we will need to attend for appointments !

We previously lived in China and used ' International SOS'
So I was just wondering where do all the expats go for this sort of thing? and how good are they ?

Many Thanks
Nikki1103

Last edited by Nikki1103; Oct 9th 2011 at 7:36 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice
Default Re: Clinics/Hospitals Riyadh

I wouldn't have thought you would have to register at a specific doctor's like you do in the UK as you would be a private patient so any clinic/hospital would be happy to take your money.

I would also think that the hospitals here, and there are a couple of big ones, would have very very good staff as they will have been bought, oh sorry, brought here from all over the world.

But, I could be wrong. If you are staying over here and getting an 'Iqama' you will need to go to a doctors anyway I believe so you can ask there.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Hippacrocapig will become famous soon enoughHippacrocapig will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Clinics/Hospitals Riyadh

We all go to Kingdom Hospital, routine and emergency.. But you cant register until you get an appointment. Basically you have to have a problem to register. It takes a day or two for routine.. Instant for emergency!
Old Oct 11th 2011, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Nikki1103 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks for your replys.

So basically until one of us actually needs to see a doctor that is when we call them to make a apointment and then register whilst there ?

Do you know if there is many clinics/doctors to use or do the majority of Expats use the same one ?

Thanks
Nikki1103
Old Oct 14th 2011, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Super_Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Nikki dont worry!! you dont regiuster if you need a doctor you walk into the hospital/clinic and register there and then! Kingdom hospital or Dr sulaiman al habib hospital are two big ones! but it depends which hospitals your medical insurance covers u for!