Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Clearing out crap - ideas wanted

Clearing out crap - ideas wanted

Old Feb 26th 2006, 2:39 pm
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold
Default Clearing out crap - ideas wanted

I want to get rid of a vast pile of accumulated crap so I can actually move around my cramped cell without tripping over things.

I could just chuck stuff away, but it seems kind of wasteful. Also, I don't have a car suitable to deliver large objects.

Books are easy, they can go to House of Prose. But what about:

- old clothes
- extraneous kitchen ware (mugs and shit)
- fridge in excellent working order (I bought a bigger one)
- stairmaster also in excellent working order (no comment!)
- office stuff - leather folders, wallets (general unwanted corporate gifts)

I don't necessarily want/need cash for any of this stuff, I just want to be rid of it, without contributing to the UAE litter mountain.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 5:43 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clearing out crap - ideas wanted

Originally Posted by secretdubai
I want to get rid of a vast pile of accumulated crap so I can actually move around my cramped cell without tripping over things.

I could just chuck stuff away, but it seems kind of wasteful. Also, I don't have a car suitable to deliver large objects.

Books are easy, they can go to House of Prose. But what about:

- old clothes
- extraneous kitchen ware (mugs and shit)
- fridge in excellent working order (I bought a bigger one)
- stairmaster also in excellent working order (no comment!)
- office stuff - leather folders, wallets (general unwanted corporate gifts)

I don't necessarily want/need cash for any of this stuff, I just want to be rid of it, without contributing to the UAE litter mountain.

Hi Secy, Do you have a Second Hand used PC for sell? (I would be so happy if u give it to me for free )
Old Feb 26th 2006, 8:23 pm
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CasaNova
Hi Secy, Do you have a Second Hand used PC for sell? (I would be so happy if u give it to me for free )
No sorry. Just the stuff on the list.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

trailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant future

No sorry. Just the stuff on the list.
The fridge and stairmaster you can probably sell on a supermarket notice board or the classified section of www.expatmum.com

As for the small stuff . . .

Dubai School for Special Needs (behind Gulf News on SZR) 344-0966 http://www.dcsneeds.ae/
Al Noor Centre (behind Spinneys Umm Suqeim) 394-6088 http://www.alnooruae.org/
Feline Friends 050 582-2916 http://www.felinefriendsuae.com/

all accept donations/have regular garage sales. In fact Feline Friends is advertising one for March 9 if you check their website.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:11 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trailingspouse
The fridge and stairmaster you can probably sell on a supermarket notice board or the classified section of www.expatmum.com

As for the small stuff . . .

Dubai School for Special Needs (behind Gulf News on SZR) 344-0966 http://www.dcsneeds.ae/
Al Noor Centre (behind Spinneys Umm Suqeim) 394-6088 http://www.alnooruae.org/
Feline Friends 050 582-2916 http://www.felinefriendsuae.com/

all accept donations/have regular garage sales. In fact Feline Friends is advertising one for March 9 if you check their website.

why should secy give it to Organisation which are already receving millions in fund from gov. and private??

and not to mention why should she give to Cats and Dogs???

Secy, if you want my advice pls give it to one of those Labour camps those poor guys dont have anything!

You can go to Shj Industrial area to hand them over or perhap Sonapour labour camp or al qouz!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:49 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

why should secy give it to Organisation which are already receving millions in fund from gov. and private??

and not to mention why should she give to Cats and Dogs???

Secy, if you want my advice pls give it to one of those Labour camps those poor guys dont have anything!

You can go to Shj Industrial area to hand them over or perhap Sonapour labour camp or al qouz!
I'm not saying that the people in the labour camps shouldn't come first, but doesn't the Koran have something in about treating animals well?
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:07 am
Banned

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I'm not saying that the people in the labour camps shouldn't come first, but doesn't the Koran have something in about treating animals well?

I know what you mean, Ofcourse Its stressed in several occassion in our Religion to be Kind to Animals as there is Reward for it in this life after.

PS. I have Three Cats in my house myself. and my younger bro is a Dog lover.

But my point is not that, I am pi$$ed and saddened with the behaviour of some people that they put Animals before Humans!

yesterday i was driving by Ibn Battuta in front of me there was an Indian guy with tears in his eye was asking for help from drivers near the signal light, The car right infront of me was a RangeRover with an White expat lady with black glass! She didnt even looked at the guy she just turned her car away from the guy and she went!

I mean couldnt she just give the guy 2dirhams?
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:21 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean, Ofcourse Its stressed in several occassion in our Religion to be Kind to Animals as there is Reward for it in this life after.

PS. I have Three Cats in my house myself. and my younger bro is a Dog lover.

But my point is not that, I am pi$$ed and saddened with the behaviour of some people that they put Animals before Humans!

yesterday i was driving by Ibn Battuta in front of me there was an Indian guy with tears in his eye was asking for help from drivers near the signal light, The car right infront of me was a RangeRover with an White expat lady with black glass! She didnt even looked at the guy she just turned her car away from the guy and she went!

I mean couldnt she just give the guy 2dirhams?
As i'm sure you did right...
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:48 am
W10

Originally Posted by TA5
As i'm sure you did right...
Ran him over you mean?

Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:20 am
Diarist

trailingspouse - thank you so much for those great ideas and links!

casanova - if I seriously thought the the labourers would be delighted to receive ladies' sundresses and blouses I would of course oblige.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

casanova - if I seriously thought the the labourers would be delighted to receive ladies' sundresses and blouses I would of course oblige.
Well, you never know