Cleaners

Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:15 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cleaners

Ok so this little phillipino woman came to our door last night offering to do some cleaning for us, we asked about her employers, who are english, we asked for their number and an english woman called to say it was fine for her to clean for us, but she comes first,

We only need 2 or 3 hours a week really, it seems ok and cheap enough (dir 20 per hour),

she has been with this english woman for a few years.

Would we be ok doing this? and do we need to hide any valuables??

Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cleaners

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Ok so this little phillipino woman came to our door last night offering to do some cleaning for us, we asked about her employers, who are english, we asked for their number and an english woman called to say it was fine for her to clean for us, but she comes first,

We only need 2 or 3 hours a week really, it seems ok and cheap enough (dir 20 per hour),

she has been with this english woman for a few years.

Would we be ok doing this? and do we need to hide any valuables??

If her employers are cool with it, don't see the problem.

Of course in the eyes of the law its still illegal.. yada yada.

I wouldn't leave wads of uncounted 1000dhs notes hanging around, but in the same token, I wouldn't bother hiding the choc chip cookies (unless they are double choc of course)
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Oh interesting question - do all cleaners actually have one employer... i did wonder and that was one question i didnt ask my friends who i stayed with. When he moved over there he got a note under the door offering services - i dont think he asked anyones permission?!

Whats the crack there then?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
Oh interesting question - do all cleaners actually have one employer... i did wonder and that was one question i didnt ask my friends who i stayed with. When he moved over there he got a note under the door offering services - i dont think he asked anyones permission?!

Whats the crack there then?
a domestic helper under sponsorship of a single household is only allowed to work for that household under their sponsorship contract.
A cleaner working for a lawful registered company is merely an employee and their services can be utilised anywhere the employer wishes.
If you take on a 'part time' cleaner under sponsorship of a single household, this person has no contract with you, so it is illegal.

Not that anything would ever come of it, unless some bizarre circumstance really worked against you...

Most agencies charge 20-30dhs any hour. We use one and they are fine.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:02 am
Just Joined

rambar is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I ask what agency you use admom? I've been struggling to find one willing to do less than 4 hours for a reasonable price..
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:10 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rambar
Can I ask what agency you use admom? I've been struggling to find one willing to do less than 4 hours for a reasonable price..
Are you in Dubai?
I used Home maids and ready maids (dont have the number anymore ..)
They were really good and you could just call em up when you needed them!
I hide all my valuables ...the maid once tidied my hubbys car keys up into a shoe box and put it into storage under our stairs ...took me 2 days and going through all the house to find them...

On the same note any1 know of any good maid agencies in Abu Dhabi... Anyone????
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rambar
Most wont do less than 4 hours as it isnt worth their while with the driver, traffic etc. Also it depends what day you need for availability - weekends are generally booked. I think Helpers have a 4 hour minimum as well.

Helpers 04 393 3777.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

On the same note any1 know of any good maid agencies in Abu Dhabi... Anyone????:
we are finding it quite difficult to find a helper...We have external maids quarters and therefore are offering accom and part time hours, allowing the maid to work elsewhere etc...

cant find anyone out here in the sticks..
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
Most wont do less than 4 hours as it isnt worth their while with the driver, traffic etc. Also it depends what day you need for availability - weekends are generally booked. I think Helpers have a 4 hour minimum as well.

Helpers 04 393 3777.
we had helpers come to the springs for 3 x 3 hours per week. ill find out the company..something like maids on wheels or similar.

Our rule of thumb regarding valuables is not to leave anything lying around that you treasure..
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:33 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
we are finding it quite difficult to find a helper...We have external maids quarters and therefore are offering accom and part time hours, allowing the maid to work elsewhere etc...

cant find anyone out here in the sticks..
I dont doubt that
Tell them you are paying 5000dhs a month and when you have them under the sponcership tell that it was only 1500dhs and her mistake

Cant find anyone part time either.....just want once a week for 4 hours!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
I dont doubt that
Tell them you are paying 5000dhs a month and when you have them under the sponcership tell that it was only 1500dhs and her mistake

Cant find anyone part time either.....just want once a week for 4 hours!
Yeah, I want one as well for a few hours a week. I just can't be bothered sweeping and mopping the floors when I've finished work.
Maybe we should club together and get one between us all! I'm sure she/he would have a good few days work between us AD lot
Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:00 pm
Here comes the Sun

Originally Posted by Chris79
Yeah, I want one as well for a few hours a week. I just can't be bothered sweeping and mopping the floors when I've finished work.
Maybe we should club together and get one between us all! I'm sure she/he would have a good few days work between us AD lot
Good idea ... use the sack and doughnut on a string trick next time you see one.
Then send her AA's way where she can live in his garden shed and he can lend her out for peanuts......
Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea ... use the sack and doughnut on a string trick next time you see one. Then send her AA's way where she can live in his garden shed and he can lend her out for peanuts......
You need to explain that one to me. Sounds interesting
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:08 pm
Here comes the Sun

Originally Posted by Chris79
You need to explain that one to me. Sounds interesting
I cant give all my secrets away..........
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Are you in Dubai?
I used Home maids and ready maids (dont have the number anymore ..)
They were really good and you could just call em up when you needed them!
I hide all my valuables ...the maid once tidied my hubbys car keys up into a shoe box and put it into storage under our stairs ...took me 2 days and going through all the house to find them...

On the same note any1 know of any good maid agencies in Abu Dhabi... Anyone????
Solutions - sorry cant find the number

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.