Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Choosing a UNIVERSITY in Dubai

Choosing a UNIVERSITY in Dubai

Old Jul 31st 2016, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Free Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Choosing a UNIVERSITY in Dubai

Hi, I will soon move to Dubai. I have done some research on universities and have short listed:
University of Wollongong in Dubai
American University in Dubai
British University in Dubai
Canadian University Dubai
University of Dubai

The above universities are accredited by Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research in UAE, and in all GCC countries. I want to choose one them to study the MBA (Master of Business Admin).

I will be very busy with my business and the other commitments. Therefore, although it might sound strange, but I would like to join the EASIEST university. I want to choose a place which will not require spending much of my time on studying and doing assignments. I need to pick a uni from the list that will let me get the MBA with MINIMUM effort and study.

Kindly advise which of universities to consider. I would appreciate if you can sort the universities in the above list in an order of (1) Easiest (2) Harder…
Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Big_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Choosing a UNIVERSITY in Dubai

If you can't be bothered to at least put the time in to Googling the universities yourself, even the easiest of these degrees might be a bit too difficult for you.

Also, if a university is widely regarded as being the easiest, their qualification may not be as widely respected as one from somewhere else.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Free Life
I need to pick a uni from the list that will let me get the MBA with MINIMUM effort and study.
I like you already.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

eastrunner is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don't you just buy an MBA from like china or a PHD title online so people will call you Dr. + your name .... Dr. pepper
Old Aug 1st 2016, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

In fairness, an MBA is such a pointless qualification that teaches you nothing you may as well just buy one online.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 6:45 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

How can i buy a qualification online?

Dr Iggles Bsc (Hons) MRICS, will see you now.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

is the OP serious
Old Aug 1st 2016, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

KJinDoha is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to join the EASIEST university.
I suppose that this depends on your personal aptitudes, as well as the specific course details. I would say that you should use the conventional methods of making such inquiries, and assess your own suitability as well as the course's to determine a pathway.

Good luck,

KJ.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
is the OP serious
Well she posted the exact same thing on other boreds.....
Old Aug 1st 2016, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Free Life is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your replies.

I will come to Dubai for many reasons. I have a small business and I will be looking for opportunities in the GCC. I have got a good number of years of work experience and I will look for a senior level job, for which MBA will be helpful. I will generally be very busy with work, family and other commitments. Therefore, I will have limited time to study the MBA.

I have shortlisted Dubai universities into the 5 names mentioned in the beginning of this thread. I selected them after intensive googling, researching and contacting higher education agencies in multiple GCC countries. By knowing that they are accredited in UAE and all GCC countries, this ensures that I will be getting a good education level if I chose to study in any of the listed universities.

After reading your comments, it was necessary to write the above explanations. So, let us now stick to the topic of choosing a university for MBA among the provided list.
I want to choose the EASIEST uni from the list which will require the MINIMUM study and effort.

Your inputs are highly appreciated.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 4:09 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Presumably you will also then be looking for the "EASIEST" senior level job which will also require "MINIMUM ... effort" from you.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnd
Presumably you will also then be looking for the "EASIEST" senior level job which will also require "MINIMUM ... effort" from you.
Woah there.... lets stay on topic!
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Big_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the rough

By knowing that they are accredited in UAE and all GCC countries, this ensures that I will be getting a good education level if I chose to study in any of the listed universities.
You want a good education level, but you are also actively seeking out the one which requires the least study and effort to pass? Seems a bit mutually exclusive to me.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 8:04 am
peterparker

Sabi Star is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think many people here have studied at UAE universities. You could do better by trying to ask existing students via any forums for them or going on campuses; sit in some lectures; ask heads of departments what work is involved; find out whether you can study part time, etc.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sabi Star
I don't think many people here have studied at UAE universities. You could do better by trying to ask existing students via any forums for them or going on campuses; sit in some lectures; ask heads of departments what work is involved; find out whether you can study part time, etc.
I would argue that the reason we are here and in relatively well paid jobs is because we did not study at UAE universities.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.