Children

Old Oct 25th 2010, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

movingagain22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Children

I am just about to move to Riyadh with 2 primary age children. We are not living on a compound. Is it worth bringing bikes or scooters?
Old Oct 26th 2010, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Children

The roads / traffic here is very dangerous, they all drive like isi$ts here please do be carefull.
Bikes can be easy bought over here.
Down in Batha and in the likes of Carrefoure

Not living on a compound may not help them making new friends etc and for you since you are a lady cannot drive.
So you need a driver to help you on the school run, simple things like a pint of milk, bread etc the simple things you take for granted back in the UK.

It is a major test for you, some women can do this but a lot cannot handle the restrictions here in Riyadh.
More so if you are not inside a compound.
Making friends for you with the other ladies to meet and greet for a coffee mornings, some compounds do have a coffee mornings for Mums And Toddlers.

Please do your home work / research before you come out here.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 7:08 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Children

Originally Posted by movingagain22
I am just about to move to Riyadh with 2 primary age children. We are not living on a compound. Is it worth bringing bikes or scooters?
Quite frankly I wouldn't even consider bringing two young children to Riyadh (Jeddah maybe) unless I was living on a western compound...or unless I was Arabic speaking and/or Muslim. Hope you know what you are doing. Forget the bikes/scooters. Instead you will have to entertain them at the shopping malls and recreational parks.