Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Cheapest way to fly from Dubai and Abu Dhabi to UK (or to anywhere)

Cheapest way to fly from Dubai and Abu Dhabi to UK (or to anywhere)

Old Jun 6th 2017, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest way to fly from Dubai and Abu Dhabi to UK (or to anywhere)

Originally Posted by Scamp
I don't do it all that often, last week was a one-off.
Normally mine are Xmas so 500 mark sounds right, maybe more maybe slightly less.
Which is doable. They do proper rip you off from here though. I was back twice in May and Emirates were wanting 1,250 GBP...... Good luck with that!
Old Jun 6th 2017, 9:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Which is doable. They do proper rip you off from here though. I was back twice in May and Emirates were wanting 1,250 GBP...... Good luck with that!
600 GBP for a flight from Dubai - UK direct with Emirates sounds about right.

At the old exchange rate that's 3,600 which was always a good target price.
At today's rate it's what I paid last week for a direct flight. Which I think 2,800(ish) is very good.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

600 GBP for a flight from Dubai - UK direct with Emirates sounds about right.

At the old exchange rate that's 3,600 which was always a good target price.
At today's rate it's what I paid last week for a direct flight. Which I think 2,800(ish) is very good.
For 1 flight....
Old Jun 6th 2017, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

I paid 2,800 for return, direct with Emirates over the weekend. Don't always have to stop in a dump for a good deal
The original OP was asking for the cheapest option, not the most convenient, sub 2000 dizzers is a good deal when you consider they are Europe`s top airline and the waiting time both ways is around 90 mins.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 7:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

For 1 flight....
You weren't clear, but I'll agree with your clarity on 1200 quid being ridiculous for a flight.

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
The original OP was asking for the cheapest option, not the most convenient, sub 2000 dizzers is a good deal when you consider they are Europe`s top airline and the waiting time both ways is around 90 mins.
It was just a comment on availability of reasonably priced flights. 800dhs in your pocket and a wait or 800dhs not in your pocket and a direct flight....
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

You weren't clear
So I have to be clear now when writing bollocks on here....

Is this a new rule change?
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:52 am
Account Closed

So I have to be clear now when writing bollocks on here....

Is this a new rule change?
Only with me buddy. Everyone else can get stuffed.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

It was just a comment on availability of reasonably priced flights. 800dhs in your pocket and a wait or 800dhs not in your pocket and a direct flight....[/QUOTE]

Personally I just want to get there as quick and as hassle free as I can, I would donate 800 dhs for that experience!

I once tried the VIP bit at Dubai airport where you sit in a lounge and they do immigration for you and you get taken to the plane in a limo...at 1500 dhs a shot it is bloody expensive but oh what a joy!! I use it all the time for Clients that I deal with who demand this stuff!

One way to get cheaper flights is to book months in advance if you can do that, I expect most people on here do not have that luxury
Old Jun 8th 2017, 6:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
Personally I just want to get there as quick and as hassle free as I can, I would donate 800 dhs for that experience!

I once tried the VIP bit at Dubai airport where you sit in a lounge and they do immigration for you and you get taken to the plane in a limo...at 1500 dhs a shot it is bloody expensive but oh what a joy!! I use it all the time for Clients that I deal with who demand this stuff!

One way to get cheaper flights is to book months in advance if you can do that, I expect most people on here do not have that luxury
Wow. Nice service...
Flights are like car hire, I spend days and days researching, searching, comparing, avoiding work and generally finding the best deal I can.