Reload this Page >

Cheapest long-term car rental Dubai

Cheapest long-term car rental Dubai

Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

hoblos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheapest long-term car rental Dubai

Hi,

I am moving to Dubai. Where can I rent/lease a car for the best price? I need to rent on a monthly basis for up to a year or more.

Last time I lived in Dubai I used Thrifty Car Rental but i was paying too much!

Your advice appreciated.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest long-term car rental Dubai

My advice would be to read the thread I just started on the same subject.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

you are asking about car lease in Abu Dhabi and I am asking about car rental/lease in Dubai.

These are 2 different cities in the U.A.E.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Hoblos on the geography...

You can get a yaris or lancer for between 1500 and 1750 per month.

4x4s are a bit more dear and - presume - 2500+
Old Aug 31st 2010, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

National Car Rental are (or were) offering Ford Focus 1.6 for 1800dhs per month

Also have a look on http://www.diamondlease.com/

And give Hertz a call to see what they offer.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

The best deal I could find (about 6 months ago) was through DiamondLease, and was inclusive of registration, insurance and servicing. It's worth a bit of a haggle with them and if they won't come down on price they may go up on spec.

Also worth checking whether your employer has any preferential rates with anyone.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:22 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoblos
Hi,

I am moving to Dubai. Where can I rent/lease a car for the best price? I need to rent on a monthly basis for up to a year or more.

Last time I lived in Dubai I used Thrifty Car Rental but i was paying too much!

Your advice appreciated.
Well. I've just hired a Ford Laser for 6 months - the cost was AED67/day. The car hire place was at Al Tayer Motors (Ford Service Centre) on Sheikh Zayed Road.

I chose the Laser because it has the petrol cap on the RH side, which makes getting fuel at the petrol stations so much easier (as most people have a LH side petrol cap and form queues) !
Old Aug 31st 2010, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

great post Mac Scot!!

I'll follow that one up - thank you.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:16 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoblos
great post Mac Scot!!

I'll follow that one up - thank you.
If you do go to the Ford Service Centre at Al Tayer Motors (the big new buildng on SZR), go through the main door at the southern end (i.e., the Abu Dhabi end), pass by the reception in the central (round) desk and head toward the back corner to the right. Walk through to the Customer Lounge in the servicing area and from the Lounge turn right and walk along by the car service bays, and at the end there are two desks - one is the desk for car hire. It took me to a while to find it !

PS There may be cheaper long-term hire options...there are ads in one of the Gulf News liftouts for car hire.