Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Cheap motel/apartment?

Cheap motel/apartment?

Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of
Default Cheap motel/apartment?

Apologies for popping in on you guys from the Ozzie pages! We will be stopping off in Dubai next Easter (21-23 March) and I am looking for some better-than-budget-price accommodation! A tall order, I know!

There are six of us in total and I am paying for five of the six , hence the need for super-economy. There are 5 adults and a 2 year old needing a minimum of 3 bedrooms between us. We have never been to Dubai before so would like to be fairly central but happy if cost pushes us a little further out.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Adi
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:11 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap motel/apartment?

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Apologies for popping in on you guys from the Ozzie pages! We will be stopping off in Dubai next Easter (21-23 March) and I am looking for some better-than-budget-price accommodation! A tall order, I know!

There are six of us in total and I am paying for five of the six , hence the need for super-economy. There are 5 adults and a 2 year old needing a minimum of 3 bedrooms between us. We have never been to Dubai before so would like to be fairly central but happy if cost pushes us a little further out.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Adi
www.arabianparkhoteldubai.com
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:11 pm
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I have stayed there, and it was perfectly pleasant. The rooms are basic, but newly furnished.

What really made it stand out though was the food. The restaurant looked a bit lame/low end, but the food was absolutely superb. Far better than many five star food I've had. And of course considerably cheaper.

Though if you are on a budget and trying to see as much of Dubai as possible you probably won't dine at the hotel much. My top recommendation for getting Arabic flavour at excellent quality and very reasonable price is Automatic, which is a chain of Lebanese restaurants. Even fussy eaters will be happy with plain grilled meat and chips. And the servings are huge so you can easily share a couple of grills between four adults, with a few mezze on the side.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by secretdubai
I have stayed there, and it was perfectly pleasant. The rooms are basic, but newly furnished.

What really made it stand out though was the food. The restaurant looked a bit lame/low end, but the food was absolutely superb. Far better than many five star food I've had. And of course considerably cheaper.

Though if you are on a budget and trying to see as much of Dubai as possible you probably won't dine at the hotel much. My top recommendation for getting Arabic flavour at excellent quality and very reasonable price is Automatic, which is a chain of Lebanese restaurants. Even fussy eaters will be happy with plain grilled meat and chips. And the servings are huge so you can easily share a couple of grills between four adults, with a few mezze on the side.
That sounds good! Thanks for the tip!

The hotel looks great but there are no prices on its website! I shall investigate further.........
Old Aug 7th 2007, 3:51 am
W10

The best cheap and cheerful lebanese in town is Al Mallah :-)

Old Aug 7th 2007, 4:24 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
The best cheap and cheerful lebanese in town is Al Mallah :-)
now your talking!!! one of my regular haunts when I lived down there. We got to meet up one night and hit Al Mallah!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:18 am
W10

I'm up for that any night.

Have you tried the brain sandwich??

Satwa is the only place to live :-)

Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

I can see I am going to have fun as a veggie in Dubai!

Does anyone have any experience of the Pacific Hotel? It's on Sabakha street, opposite Sabakha Bus Station. And in my price range!!!!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
I can see I am going to have fun as a veggie in Dubai!
you will do if you're a fan of Indian food (i.e. actual Madrasi / Bangalorean / Keralite / Gujarati / Punjabi, as opposed to British curry house grub)

I'm veg and I've piled on the kilograms since coming out here (joined a gym but it's far too hot for that sort of thing!)
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:47 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by W10
I'm up for that any night.

Have you tried the brain sandwich??

Satwa is the only place to live :-)
I realised that when I moved out. I really do miss the place. I have got the chance of a 2 bed apartment but it is 140!!! we are paying 85 here.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:48 am
W10

Ouch!!!

thats stupid money.

I pay 135k for a huge 3 bed.

Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:50 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by W10
Ouch!!!

thats stupid money.

I pay 135k for a huge 3 bed.
in Satwa??? my Dad pays 75k for a huge three bed. Bet you are in same building!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

where is satwa? i can't find it on my map
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:53 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by jvr20
where is satwa? i can't find it on my map
just next to the World Trade Centre
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
just next to the World Trade Centre
za'abel 1 ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.