Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Cheap flights to London

Cheap flights to London

Old Mar 4th 2009, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheap flights to London

I am trying to book the cheapest return flight to London. From Dubai, or Abu Dhabi if it is cheaper. Jammy Dodgers mentioned flying Virgin for only Dhs600. Is that really true? Did it include all taxes, surcharges and fees?! If so that is amazing, how did he find that deal?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:09 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap flights to London

I just came back from the UK. Cheapest I could find was 2000. Virgin, Gulf Air and Etihad all offer fares around that price.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all

Originally Posted by typical
I just came back from the UK. Cheapest I could find was 2000. Virgin, Gulf Air and Etihad all offer fares around that price.
Air Arabia Sharjah to Istanbul, Easy Jet Istanbul to Stansted!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expat.brat
I am trying to book the cheapest return flight to London. From Dubai, or Abu Dhabi if it is cheaper. Jammy Dodgers mentioned flying Virgin for only Dhs600. Is that really true? Did it include all taxes, surcharges and fees?! If so that is amazing, how did he find that deal?
Try www.ebookers.com I have just used them to fly DXB - EDI - LHR - TLS - LHR - DXB for 2 people for 7,700aed.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:17 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cry haddock
Air Arabia Sharjah to Istanbul, Easy Jet Istanbul to Stansted!
BA is often cheaper than EasyJet - but you have to change airports in Istanbul.

I've done this very journey, by the way...

Oh, and Air Arabia fly to Athens too, which opens up more options.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:55 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

I can get return flights to London with Ethihad for 920dhs, good friends work for Etihad and have me on their 'friends & family' list so I can sent lists of ridiculously cheap worldwide destinations every month

Bison
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:34 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bison
I can get return flights to London with Ethihad for 920dhs, good friends work for Etihad and have me on their 'friends & family' list so I can sent lists of ridiculously cheap worldwide destinations every month

Bison
Do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on?
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on?
oooh bitch..

mind you, I was under the assumption that you had to be a close family member to benefit from subsidised flight costs.

surely if it were that easy, the 'cheap flight emails' would do the rounds in no time, if all it required was the input of a promo code.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Bison
are you the lucky one, as i know a lot of people in etihad and as far as they are concerned they are only allowed a certain amount of "cheap" tickets and so they use them themselves....
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
are you the lucky one, as i know a lot of people in etihad and as far as they are concerned they are only allowed a certain amount of "cheap" tickets and so they use them themselves....
mmmmm.. bisons post is beginning to whiff a bit..

I think we need some hard evidence..
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:26 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

mmmmm.. bisons post is beginning to whiff a bit..

I think we need some hard evidence..
My friend is a cabin manager, the highlest level of staff on an aircraft after the pilots, therefore she gets the 'stadard' cheap flights but then she gets this extra lot for friends and family as well, she has to book the flights for me, I cannot simply do it myself. I might be able to dig up the list from my emails to show you.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:39 am
Not an evil hypnotist

To be fair to Bison, I've got other friends who have managed this too. It has to be done by the employee directly.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

My friend is a cabin manager, the highlest level of staff on an aircraft after the pilots, therefore she gets the 'stadard' cheap flights but then she gets this extra lot for friends and family as well, she has to book the flights for me, I cannot simply do it myself. I might be able to dig up the list from my emails to show you.
i have friends who are pilots, and office staff on the same level but they never give me cheap flights they tell me that they only get a small amount say 4 or something...
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:19 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by busybee2
i have friends who are pilots, and office staff on the same level but they never give me cheap flights they tell me that they only get a small amount say 4 or something...
But maybe Bison offers his lady friend something special in return.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
But maybe Bison offers his lady friend something special in return.
Like a rrrrrrr i d e in his Mitsubishi Lancer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.