Charity shops??

Old May 6th 2007, 9:53 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Charity shops??

I have had a quick look through the sticky threads, but can't see anything. Basically I have some clothes that I want to get rid of, but rather than bin them, do anyone know of any 'charity' type places that would want them? Decent quality items, so a shame to chuck them out if some good could be gained from them.

Cheers all.

Ps It's good to be back.
Old May 6th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Charity shops??

Originally Posted by Meow
I have had a quick look through the sticky threads, but can't see anything. Basically I have some clothes that I want to get rid of, but rather than bin them, do anyone know of any 'charity' type places that would want them? Decent quality items, so a shame to chuck them out if some good could be gained from them.

Cheers all.

Ps It's good to be back.
what about giving them to some collegues/maid/husbands workers etc etc

Thats what i did at my last job. Brought them all into work and gave them to my T boy
Old May 6th 2007, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

There's someone called Elle who collects stuff for the labourers and some Filippina women who are in the Embassy...BC will have further details I think cos she's involved in this...

MM, xx
Old May 6th 2007, 10:32 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow

Cheers all.

Ps It's good to be back.
Give them to some cross-dressing labourers ??
Old May 6th 2007, 10:43 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Give them to some cross-dressing labourers ??
MM is right, Elle and her husband Roger work relentlessy helping the labourers and the maids. There are currently 80 philipino maids in the embassy who have been either physically or mentally abused by their employers. I have been helping Elle for a while now - last week she told me the girls needed shampoo so along with some friends we went to carrefour and got enough soap and shampoo to keep them going for a couple of weeks. Elle and Roger are at Mall of the Emirates, Carrefour Entrance LEVEL 2 (cos it is quiet) every Friday morning to collect anything that you want to donate. The men's clothes go to the labour camps in Sonapur, the ladies stuff mainly to the Philipino maids, and any kids stuff under the age of three goes to the prison. The older kids stuff is distributed to families of need as they get intouch with the Church.

Cash donations are always accepted as are phone cards. I also run a book sale/dvd sale every month - the proceeds of which go to Helping Hands.

Elle and Roger really are wonderful people, they came to my daughter's birthday yesterday and bought her a beautiful tiny gold heart, so she knows that she is in their heart. Brought a tear to my eye!!!

BC