Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Changing sides of the road

Changing sides of the road

Old Sep 1st 2018, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Changing sides of the road

1st September 1966 must have been an interesting time on the roads. I see they had 2 weeks notice. Not bad!

Old Sep 2nd 2018, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing sides of the road

I guess in large measure it meant puling the camel's other rein.
Old Sep 2nd 2018, 6:00 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

I guess when you got to Abu Dhabi you just swapped sides until they decided to change too....
Old Sep 2nd 2018, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

It seems quite a few have swapped, Sweden in 1967, Iceland in 1968, probably not much impact there, Samoa as recently as 2009, Myanmar in 1970, on the advice of a wizard, of course.
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 2:02 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Having worked for the transport departments of several countries, I can say that the best way to do it is for heavy vehicles (buses, lorries and so on) to change first, and then over the course of a month or so for lighter vehicles to follow suit.