Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Changing a Qatar Air ticket booked on someone elses credit car

Changing a Qatar Air ticket booked on someone elses credit car

Old Dec 11th 2012, 12:20 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changing a Qatar Air ticket booked on someone elses credit car

I booked 3 Qatar Air return tickets which are from UK - Dubai end of Christmas, Dubai - UK at Easter. They were booked on my credit card and for me, my wife and my 25 year old daughter.

Daughter now wants to change the return (Dubai - UK) to end June. This costs £100 (which she will pay for). However, as it was originally booked on my credit card, will there be any problems with her flying on the ticket by herself in June?

Will they ask her why she isnt travelling with the cardholder? If there will be a problem, is there any way of getting round it?

I am guessing it will be OK but want to double check before she changes it.

Thanks
Old Dec 11th 2012, 12:29 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Changing a Qatar Air ticket booked on someone elses credit car

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
I booked 3 Qatar Air return tickets which are from UK - Dubai end of Christmas, Dubai - UK at Easter. They were booked on my credit card and for me, my wife and my 25 year old daughter.

Daughter now wants to change the return (Dubai - UK) to end June. This costs £100 (which she will pay for). However, as it was originally booked on my credit card, will there be any problems with her flying on the ticket by herself in June?

Will they ask her why she isnt travelling with the cardholder? If there will be a problem, is there any way of getting round it?

I am guessing it will be OK but want to double check before she changes it.

Thanks
I fly Qatar loads and never use my own credit card, so can't see any problem.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 12:48 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
I fly Qatar loads and never use my own credit card, so can't see any problem.
Do you ever get asked for details of who booked it for you? or for a photocopy of their credit card? Are your tickets booked by a business credit card or family/friend credit card or both?

Thanks
Old Dec 11th 2012, 1:25 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
Do you ever get asked for details of who booked it for you? or for a photocopy of their credit card? Are your tickets booked by a business credit card or family/friend credit card or both?

Thanks
Business Credit Card, never been asked any details for it, just check in on-line, half the time I turn up at the airport with only my passport, not a ticket in sight...
Old Dec 14th 2012, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Family flew out this morning to the UK with tickets booked on my credit card. I had to go to get a letter that the airline validated after seeing my credit card as I was not flying.

Luckily I had stayed at the airport while they did the check-in as they were not going to be issued the tickets as the check-in girl wanted to see the original credit card.

On sunday there will be hell to pay when I go into the office.

They also pulled my 14yr old out of the egate queue as she did not have a RP. How the hell are families meant to get through passport control.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

RP?
Old Dec 14th 2012, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
RP?
Don't be dim! Residence permit...