Changing jobs - visa/credit card/loan issues

Changing jobs - visa/credit card/loan issues

Old Aug 7th 2010, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

xoxo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default -Deleted-

Hello all

Just a quick question.

I've left my current employer and am starting a new job in Dubai. I'm being taken off my existing visa (I believe that this will probably be finalised this coming week) and then a new visa applied for (as the new company is non-free zone). I have a CC and car loan. I hope to have my new visa in a couple of weeks.

My current employer hasn't informed my bank that I've left. My new employer will be paying my first salary in a couple of weeks and I have money to tide me over in between.

Should I inform the CC company and/or bank with which I have the car loan that I've changed jobs? If so, should this be (a) now, or (b) once I have my new visa.

Thanks

Last edited by xoxo; Aug 7th 2010 at 3:28 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 3:06 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing jobs - visa/credit card/loan issues

Have you received your final salary payment? Usually employers mark this as final salary and include end of service gratuity so the bank is alerted. This usually means they will freeze your current account, but it will be immediately unfrozen once you demonstrate that you have a new job.

You need to check the terms of your loan agreement, as it may say that you have to inform the bank of a change in circumstances. If not, provided you have regular salary payments made the the bank where you have the loan and credit card there should not be an issue.

Do let me know if you have any other queries of this nature. Good luck with the new job.
-
Old Aug 9th 2010, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

xoxo is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I have but the bank hasn't been informed that I've left or they haven't picked up on it; everything is still operation (touch wood).

Relating to this, when my visa is cancelled (this week) then obviously I'll have a cancelled stamp all over my passport. Will this be an issue if I'm travelling in between my visa being renewed? I'll have the initial approval (which I could show immigration for example) from the Ministry of Labour before travelling but probably not my visa.

Thanks!

P.S. - You have PM.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 6:26 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

It should not be be an issue but do travel with copies of all relevant paperwork as you may be asked questions. There is a chance that the immigration system will show that a visa is in progress so you may be stopped. Once you have explained the situation it shouldn't be an issue and you will be able to re-enter on a visit visa.
-