Catch 22

Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:32 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Catch 22

Slipped behind with my Etisalat payments for internet, so service temporarily suspended. Fair enough.

Haven't registered for online payments, just pop down to the Mall and pay. Fairly simple (provided I remember).

Phone Etisalat to see if I could pay by card over the phone: No, sorry sir, either online or at an outlet. Fair enough.

Just tried to register online, go through all the boxes, hit the button, only to be told that I can't register because I haven't paid the bill. Now, why was I trying to register in the first place...
Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:42 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Catch 22

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Slipped behind with my Etisalat payments for internet, so service temporarily suspended. Fair enough.

Haven't registered for online payments, just pop down to the Mall and pay. Fairly simple (provided I remember).

Phone Etisalat to see if I could pay by card over the phone: No, sorry sir, either online or at an outlet. Fair enough.

Just tried to register online, go through all the boxes, hit the button, only to be told that I can't register because I haven't paid the bill. Now, why was I trying to register in the first place...
don't get me onto Etisalat! I have just tweeted them about by data package which was suspended for two months due to a 2400 dhs bill which I still haven't paid. I have a case pending with them. Out of the blue the other day they text and said data package reconnected. Now you would assume that is becuase they have investigated the case and realised they were wrong. Two days later I get another text saying that they are still investigating. All texts in arabic, my mate has to translate them all.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Idiots (that's Etisalat, not you good people).
Old Nov 11th 2010, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Purdey is on a distinguished road

I still have a mobile data complaint with Etisalat from August 2008 in Italy!
Only way to resolve is to go to head office and talk to the accounts people, which I did 6 months ago (after going thru all the other options) and they said they would fix it. They haven't so far so looks like another trip to HQ when I can be bothered.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 5:28 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Purdey
I still have a mobile data complaint with Etisalat from August 2008 in Italy!
Only way to resolve is to go to head office and talk to the accounts people, which I did 6 months ago (after going thru all the other options) and they said they would fix it. They haven't so far so looks like another trip to HQ when I can be bothered.
I am going to have to do the same, bloody annoying
Old Nov 11th 2010, 5:56 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

For your further amusement, Etisalat are the largest company by market capital in the UAE and the third largest in the GCC, behind only SABIC and Al Rahji Bank, both from the KSA.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:16 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by lionheart
For your further amusement, Etisalat are the largest company by market capital in the UAE and the third largest in the GCC, behind only SABIC and Al Rahji Bank, both from the KSA.
still shite
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

The online payment system is flawed - dont use it!. I paid over 800 AED online and it simply got lost - left my bank account and HSBC, but never made it into my Etisalat account. It took over a year of hounding the Khaidlya Manger with emails (from work addy) of screengrabs of bank accounts. Eventually the amount was "found" and credited but only after a lot of barking!

Just go into Khalidya centre next time you go to Spinneys. I do it that way about every 3 months
Old Nov 11th 2010, 12:25 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weescot
The online payment system is flawed - dont use it!. I paid over 800 AED online and it simply got lost - left my bank account and HSBC, but never made it into my Etisalat account. It took over a year of hounding the Khaidlya Manger with emails (from work addy) of screengrabs of bank accounts. Eventually the amount was "found" and credited but only after a lot of barking!

Just go into Khalidya centre next time you go to Spinneys. I do it that way about every 3 months
Thanx. Paid in Al Wadha Mall last night (from my credit card), but haven't had the opportunity to check if the internet's working again. Worked okay last time though.