Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Cars and cleaners in Manama

Cars and cleaners in Manama

Old Jan 8th 2005, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

z-techie will become famous soon enoughz-techie will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Cars and cleaners in Manama

I have accepted a job in Manama, Bahrain and will hopefully be coming out in March this year. One of my priorities on getting there is to purchase a car (preferably an automatic - as its hard enough on having to drive on the right side, I am from the UK!), and once I get an apartment will certainly need a part-time clearner. Any advice on 2nd hand car dealers in Manama. And indeed on where to find a part-time cleaner and their usual cost?
Old Jan 9th 2005, 4:44 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cars and cleaners in Manama

Originally Posted by z-techie
I have accepted a job in Manama, Bahrain and will hopefully be coming out in March this year. One of my priorities on getting there is to purchase a car (preferably an automatic - as its hard enough on having to drive on the right side, I am from the UK!), and once I get an apartment will certainly need a part-time clearner. Any advice on 2nd hand car dealers in Manama. And indeed on where to find a part-time cleaner and their usual cost?
You will have no problems getting either.
There are loads of second hand cars about, but I think you may have to wait until you get a residency visa before you can buy a car, til then you will have to rent one.
Please note that if you get a taxi anywhere that they WILL try and rip you off. The same journey will cost you 3 different prices depending on the whim of the taxi driver. Insist on a metered fare until you get used to how much you should pay, then once your happy then haggle for the unmetered fares !!