car rental - Doha

Old Jun 18th 2012, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

youngdoc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default car rental - Doha

Can anyone recommend a decent but reasonable car rental agency in Doha? I have just arrived and am looking to rent for a month or two prior to buying. Looking to pay around 1500-2000QAR and no more.
Thanks
Old Jun 18th 2012, 10:23 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car rental - Doha

You could try these guys....

http://www.oasiscars.net/Rent.aspx

Never used them - but have heard good things....
Old Jun 18th 2012, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

youngdoc is an unknown quantity at this point

just tried them they don't seem to have many cars in right now...
Old Jun 18th 2012, 1:40 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youngdoc
just tried them they don't seem to have many cars in right now...
Speak to the right person
Old Jun 18th 2012, 2:38 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Your price is way too low, an entry level Nissan Sunny Classic start at QR2200pm. I use Mustafawi Rent-A-Car who are local and have offices at the Airport and near Gulf Signal on the C-Ring Road.

You'll be QR5k/m for a LandCruiser Prado, ouch!

[J]
Old Jun 18th 2012, 2:49 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
Your price is way too low, an entry level Nissan Sunny Classic start at QR2200pm. I use Mustafawi Rent-A-Car who are local and have offices at the Airport and near Gulf Signal on the C-Ring Road.

You'll be QR5k/m for a LandCruiser Prado, ouch!

[J]
Your paying too much. We do a lancer for that, sunny's we used to do at QR1600
Old Jun 18th 2012, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

I pay 1700 month for brand new Renault logan 1.6 and 2100 for brand new Nissan tidda 1.8 from almana car rental (c ring road near holiday villa) I was not impressed with oasis - old cars and limited free mileage - you will need to pay more for short rental, but you could pay less for older car. The cheaper companies require a Qatar driving licence. A temporary licence costs qr 150 month if you have a uk licence,
Old Jun 18th 2012, 3:15 pm
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by gottheTshirt
I pay 1700 month for brand new Renault logan 1.6 and 2100 for brand new Nissan tidda 1.8 from almana car rental (c ring road near holiday villa) I was not impressed with oasis - old cars and limited free mileage - you will need to pay more for short rental, but you could pay less for older car. The cheaper companies require a Qatar driving licence. A temporary licence costs qr 150 month if you have a uk licence,
What you find is the Long term rentals always get a new car the older ones which are returns get offered to new short term clients. Obviously the rentacar office cannot explain that to someone over the phone, but that's how it works. Unless you know someone.

I have helped a few people get new cars now and the mileage limitation is not an issue unless you are travelling for work outside of the city daily.

Give it a week and you will be able to get a good selection of cars as everyone buggers off for the summer
Old Jun 19th 2012, 9:09 am
Banned

ChristinaHaze is an unknown quantity at this point

How much is a car rental and what would be the best place in Doha? I am planning to go there soon.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 4:15 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Your paying too much. We do a lancer for that, sunny's we used to do at QR1600
Agreed, but my negotiating skills are crap.

Must admit, I prefer the Sunny over the Lancer for the irony. Back in the UK the Sunny was driven exclusively by the local Asian community and you learned to give it a wide bearth. But here I am, driving one out of choice. Go figure

[J]
Old Jun 19th 2012, 4:31 pm
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
Agreed, but my negotiating skills are crap.

Must admit, I prefer the Sunny over the Lancer for the irony. Back in the UK the Sunny was driven exclusively by the local Asian community and you learned to give it a wide bearth. But here I am, driving one out of choice. Go figure

[J]
I give them a wide berth here too.