car reliability

Old Nov 22nd 2015, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car reliability

Originally Posted by herowing
Thanks guys for all the input.

I think I will go for the Lexus NX 200t BB. The retail price is 176,000 SR, which includes AWD and a number of active/passive safety system.

I think I will start the negotiation around 15% off the sticker price. Does make sense or I can go even lower?
Hope to save some money.

Thank you.
If it's like the UAE, you'd be lucky if they chuck in some mats when buying a new car let alone give a discount.
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

I think I will go for the Lexus

Hope to save some money.
You're going to look a jerk heading for the Lexus side of the Toyota showroom and then asking for a discount. The only reason people buy a Lexus over a Toyota is because they have the cash to. It's a pure status symbol for no real motoring benefit.

If you get any sort of discount, I'd be very surprised. Toyota showrooms Kingdom-wide sell hundreds of vehicles a week. They don't need your custom. In fact, that's why I went with Mazda; at least they treated me like I existed when I walked in.
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

herowing is an unknown quantity at this point

it is good to know that before i go in.
thanks a lot guys
Old Nov 24th 2015, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys for all the input. I think I will go for the Lexus NX 200t BB. The retail price is 176,000 SR, which includes AWD and a number of active/passive safety system. I think I will start the negotiation around 15% off the sticker price. Does make sense or I can go even lower?Hope to save some money. Thank you.
When I was looking to buy a new car, I visited the Lexus showroom on SZR, as soon as I sat in the Lexus (I think it was the IS) I found the interior well naff - totally put me off buying a Lexus
Old Nov 26th 2015, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sicklyman
You're going to look a jerk heading for the Lexus side of the Toyota showroom and then asking for a discount. The only reason people buy a Lexus over a Toyota is because they have the cash to. It's a pure status symbol for no real motoring benefit.

If you get any sort of discount, I'd be very surprised. Toyota showrooms Kingdom-wide sell hundreds of vehicles a week. They don't need your custom. In fact, that's why I went with Mazda; at least they treated me like I existed when I walked in.
Don't worry about the embarrassment and go for the discount and yee shall receive. I have never seen an Arab or Asian pay full price for anything, be it cars or whores they negotiate
Old Nov 27th 2015, 2:30 am
Just Joined

herowing is an unknown quantity at this point

hahaha

it is great to hear about this..
I will try my best

thx a lot

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Don't worry about the embarrassment and go for the discount and yee shall receive. I have never seen an Arab or Asian pay full price for anything, be it cars or whores they negotiate
Old Dec 1st 2015, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Don't like to derail someone's thread but I have an interest in similar vehicles at the moment. Specifically something in the Evoque, Q5, X3 bracket. I'm in Qatar so around 220-260k QR. What others should I be looking at given I have a complete and utter dislike for Japanese or Korean, or for that matter Chinese, cars.

Thanks
Old Dec 1st 2015, 2:20 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinbkk
Don't like to derail someone's thread but I have an interest in similar vehicles at the moment. Specifically something in the Evoque, Q5, X3 bracket. I'm in Qatar so around 220-260k QR. What others should I be looking at given I have a complete and utter dislike for Japanese or Korean, or for that matter Chinese, cars.

Thanks
Seems funny coming from a Norwegian, but the Volvo XC60 should definitely be on your list. I would also add the Jaguar F-Pace and the Porsche Macan. Not sure they will fit in your budget though..
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Bout the only thing I find funny with my Norwegian mate is where he hides the beer :O

Thanks for the additions. Yes the XC60 in it's most fitted out guise is quite decent, maybe I can push for the XC90 The Macan, hmm nice, F-Pace a new one on me.