car paintwork

Old Aug 16th 2009, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all
Default car paintwork

Got a few bangs and scrapes that I want taken care of. Has anyone found a good car paintshop / body works that they would recommend?
Old Aug 16th 2009, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car paintwork

Originally Posted by Mr Moleskins
Got a few bangs and scrapes that I want taken care of. Has anyone found a good car paintshop / body works that they would recommend?
I assume you mean Dubai...

Legal advice: you need a police report to get bodywork done.
Some shops will report you if you try to get the work done without it.

The agency is always the best place, but if you just want a cheap patch up - there are plenty of shops in Rashidiya that will do it for AED300 per panel. This is where insurance companies will send you.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all

Cheers

Where is the agency?

It is stone chips and the like ; a need a police report to get stone chips repaired?
Old Aug 16th 2009, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

crw1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

For scuffs and the like can I suggest Paint Solutions- they advertise in Autocar in the classifieds. Excellent service and will come to you too.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Thanks - will pick up a copy of Autocar today.

I didn't realise that kind of 'chips away' service operated over here.

Thanks again
Old Aug 16th 2009, 11:38 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

try Dentmaster too
Old Aug 16th 2009, 12:02 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
I assume you mean Dubai...

Legal advice: you need a police report to get bodywork done.
Some shops will report you if you try to get the work done without it.

The agency is always the best place, but if you just want a cheap patch up - there are plenty of shops in Rashidiya that will do it for AED300 per panel. This is where insurance companies will send you.
Not entirely correct.. I have had occasion to ask the police for a report to fix damage done to my car by a valeter at a hotel here..

Police told me, based on their appraisal of the costs involved, they would not issue one....

I contacted the dealership, explained the situation, and the car was fixed and paid for with cash.....
Old Aug 18th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

matthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Moleskins
Also try the X-service centre in Al Quoz. Just off the civil defence roundabout.