Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Car ownership transfer in saudi

Car ownership transfer in saudi

Old Jan 9th 2011, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

emt14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car ownership transfer in saudi

Does anyone know the process to transfer the ownership of a car in saudi?
i.e. not selling it through middle man but just changing owner.

tx.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

irich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really nice
Default Re: Car ownership transfer in saudi

You need to go to the car souk and find an authorised car transfer agent.

You pay the money in front of the agent and he gets the estimara (registration) transferred by the police. It takes a day or so.

If you are buying a 4x4 you need to get a letter of approval (to buy) from the police.

You need an Igama and KSA driving licence obviously. Also third party insurance may now be required.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Had the case of a colleague who was unable to come back in the Kingdom because of personal reasons thus leaving his car behind him.
I was wondering if there was a way for him to transfer the ownership without being physically present so his car can be sold.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 10:35 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emt14
Had the case of a colleague who was unable to come back in the Kingdom because of personal reasons thus leaving his car behind him.
I was wondering if there was a way for him to transfer the ownership without being physically present so his car can be sold.
is the car paid for?
Old Jan 10th 2011, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Yes, bought outright
Old Jan 10th 2011, 11:58 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, bought outright
I still think you will need his signature to transfer ownership, I know that people do forge these signatures, will need passport copy and visa as well I would imagine
Old Jan 11th 2011, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Do you think it could work by getting a signed letter from him, possibly translated, with all the documents above, and then go and see those guys at the car souk?
Old Jan 11th 2011, 5:16 am
Concierge

Do you think it could work by getting a signed letter from him, possibly translated, with all the documents above, and then go and see those guys at the car souk?
you could try?
Old Jan 11th 2011, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

The only process I know of is that as described by irich. Don't know how it wold work with trying to transfer ownership with the owner being out of Kingdom. AS Blue Cat suggests, might be worth trying, but wouldn't surprise me if Traffic Police refuse to do it without the owner actually signing the 'conract of transfer'.