Which Car?

Old Feb 5th 2011, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice
Default Re: Which Car?

I would go japanese - the parts are cheaper and readily available, repairs can generally be done overnight.

We have an FJ - which my husband drives, he is at Expert level in UAEoffroaders, and I have a SWB nissan patrol 4.5l (1999) and I am a marshal in the same club.

For a 7 seater I would go for the Pathfinder (loads of ooomph) or the Fortuner 4l. I would give the pajero a miss if you want to offroad - you have to drive SO carefully to retain your bumpers!
Old Feb 5th 2011, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

mummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the rough

Thank you again for all the replies, I am taking note, honest!! Dh got his work visa today and has his medical tomorrow so hopefully we'll be able to shop soon. I can't wait to have a 'real' car. Honestly the Yaris is a fab little car, but with all the emphasis on 'little' !!!!!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

I remember when I had one of those deathtraps for a week. I had to close my eyes going round the Al Khail Road roundabouts and just hope for the best. Its much easier to bully your way through in a big 4x4.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

MikeInOman is a jewel in the roughMikeInOman is a jewel in the roughMikeInOman is a jewel in the roughMikeInOman is a jewel in the rough

Personally i want to find a good quality second hand Land Rover Discovery.

Can anyone advise me as to where look in Dubai for such a car? I work in Oman but my business is based in Dubai Knowledge village and Residency is therefore in Dubai.

Thanks

Mike
Old Feb 6th 2011, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeInOman
Personally i want to find a good quality second hand Land Rover Discovery.

Can anyone advise me as to where look in Dubai for such a car? I work in Oman but my business is based in Dubai Knowledge village and Residency is therefore in Dubai.

Thanks

Mike
t

Try dubizzle or go to the big second hand car place at ras al khor.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

MikeInOman is a jewel in the roughMikeInOman is a jewel in the roughMikeInOman is a jewel in the roughMikeInOman is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
t

Try dubizzle or go to the big second hand car place at ras al khor.
Thanks i will try the drizzle thing you mentioned, i guess i can find it through google?

When i am next in Dubai i will get a taxi to the ras al khor place

Appreciate you taking the time to reply

Mike
Old Feb 6th 2011, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

mummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the rough

Thanks i will try the drizzle thing you mentioned, i guess i can find it through google?

When i am next in Dubai i will get a taxi to the ras al khor place

Appreciate you taking the time to reply

Mike
www.dubizzle.com
Old Feb 6th 2011, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mummy2dolly
Thanks mummy2dolly

much appreciated

Mike
Old Feb 6th 2011, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mummy2dolly

much appreciated

Mike
also don't forget

www.gnads4u.com

partly because it reminds me of 'gonads for you' but also because it has dealers on rather than private sellers.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

irich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really nice

The Nissan X Terra is a stonker off road.

Still has a ladder frame chassis, solid axle, 4 liter V6. The manual burns out clutches so the auto is best.

Not too pricy, and undercuts any comparable Toyota by about 20K SAR.

The FJ Cruisers were buckling front chassis rails up to the 2009 models. Great off road.

The Fortuners are built in Thailand down to a budget. The 2.7 is woefully underpowered for the weight.

The Patrol is a beaut, but juicy. Burns gas like water in the sand, heavy and a pig on the road. Kicking myself for turning down an ex embassy Safari model last year.

The 4L V6 Prados are OK but built on a platform chassis.

I've had a Pathfinder, Landrover and Pajero. The new Pajeros are junk. The old Landrovers are for hobbyist home mechanics :lol

Last edited by irich; Feb 7th 2011 at 1:58 am.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:16 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irich
The Nissan X Terra is a stonker off road.

Still has a ladder frame chassis, solid axle, 4 liter V6. The manual burns out clutches so the auto is best.

Not too pricy, and undercuts any comparable Toyota by about 20K SAR.

The FJ Cruisers were buckling front chassis rails up to the 2009 models. Great off road.

The Fortuners are built in Thailand down to a budget. The 2.7 is woefully underpowered for the weight.

The Patrol is a beaut, but juicy. Burns gas like water in the sand, heavy and a pig on the road. Kicking myself for turning down an ex embassy Safari model last year.

The 4L V6 Prados are OK but built on a platform chassis.

I've had a Pathfinder, Landrover and Pajero. The new Pajeros are junk. The old Landrovers are for hobbyist home mechanics :lol
course they are, have you got one? I have had mine less than two months and have had two people ask to buy it of me, sold my previous one in less than an hour, a friend did the same with hers. They are such junk ....
Old Feb 7th 2011, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
also don't forget

www.gnads4u.com

partly because it reminds me of 'gonads for you' but also because it has dealers on rather than private sellers.
I used to occasionally play golf in the GONADs (golfers of night abu dhabi) Tuesday evenings at the Equestrian Club.

My motor - Jeep Commander 4.7l is a good option for 7-seater. I'm loving it more as it gets older. I've been off road a few times and had no issues. Not exactly dune bashing like the Emiratis but hacking around the desert and camping it is neat. A/C is not great mind - fan has conked out twice already. Servicing and repairs relatively painless.

I do like the X-terra and will probably get one of those next.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of selling my LR3.
I have been enjoying my walk to work for months and don't see any need for it at this point. PM to discuss.

Attached Thumbnails Which Car?-img-20110122-00097.jpg  
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies if the above has crossed a forum rule... will delete if this isn't appropriate.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
Apologies if the above has crossed a forum rule... will delete if this isn't appropriate.
For my part i didn't think that was inappropriate, just helpful thanks,

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.