Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Can't find any shoetrees in Riyadh

Can't find any shoetrees in Riyadh

Old Apr 9th 2011, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Butterich is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can't find any shoetrees in Riyadh

Been in Saudi for a couple of days and it is lovely so far. But one thing puzzles me since my arrival - where can I buy shoetrees for my dress shoes. Been trying the Granada Mall and stuff but most of the time they don't even know what it is. Can u guys help me out? I love my shoes and they need help.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can't find any shoetrees in Riyadh

Originally Posted by Butterich
Been in Saudi for a couple of days and it is lovely so far. But one thing puzzles me since my arrival - where can I buy shoetrees for my dress shoes. Been trying the Granada Mall and stuff but most of the time they don't even know what it is. Can u guys help me out? I love my shoes and they need help.
Ahhhh...now would that not be a dream come true...shoes growing on tress.....

SACO might have those.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

I would definately want such a tree that grows my shoes but unfortunately there isn't Don't know SACO yet and will check it out - need my almighty shoetrees and would also need some shoe polish - the french stuff Saphir or some Burgol. Saudi is no mens shoe paradise that I have figured out already
Old Apr 9th 2011, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

I would definately want such a tree that grows my shoes but unfortunately there isn't Don't know SACO yet and will check it out - need my almighty shoetrees and would also need some shoe polish - the french stuff Saphir or some Burgol. Saudi is no mens shoe paradise that I have figured out already
You are a guy?????

One the other hand...no woman puts her shoes on any kind of tree......I hope.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hah! Of course I am and I am not even crazy and/or metro or something. Haha. I just love nice things and that is nice dress shoes when I go to work I will also spot and adore any nice shoes the smart ladies wear. Love Bottega, JC, CL etc. Unfortunately it seems rare here...
Old Apr 10th 2011, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Hah! Of course I am and I am not even crazy and/or metro or something. Haha. I just love nice things and that is nice dress shoes when I go to work I will also spot and adore any nice shoes the smart ladies wear. Love Bottega, JC, CL etc. Unfortunately it seems rare here...

Ah, I see.....one of the rare male shoe lovers.....
Thing is, in Saudi the big thing for guys are open backed white sandals and really grotty feet....
Old Apr 10th 2011, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Those sandals.... uhm and those feet here you are right Alexa. Still didn't find those shoe trees so I gonna fly back come to get some of those soon. Pretty sick to shell out a ticket for that but totally necessary
Old Apr 10th 2011, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Those sandals.... uhm and those feet here you are right Alexa. Still didn't find those shoe trees so I gonna fly back come to get some of those soon. Pretty sick to shell out a ticket for that but totally necessary
Have a carpenter make one for you. Probably cheaper than a ticket.
Then there is always amazon.

Oh...and btw...I have about 200 pairs of utterly gorgeous shoes.
But not on trees...
Old Apr 10th 2011, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alexa
Have a carpenter make one for you. Probably cheaper than a ticket.
Then there is always amazon.

Oh...and btw...I have about 200 pairs of utterly gorgeous shoes.
But not on trees...
Amazon ships to the magic kingdom??? Wasn't smart enough to try that so far. Will check that out!

200 pairs of adorable shoes? I herebye officially bow to your awesomeness what's your fav pair?

I wanna see them haha...
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Paul Smith in Kingdom Mall or Ikea for a plastic one but cannot say I've actually seen shoetrees in either
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:47 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm struggling with this thread. From your comments it seems that you haven't actually bought many shoes in the Magic Kingdom, which presumably means you brought them with you. If you're a true arborist, then surely you'd have enough trees at home for all your shoes and, like me, shipped your shoes with the trees inside to protect them during transit.

I must be bored.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Amazon ships to the magic kingdom??? Wasn't smart enough to try that so far. Will check that out!

200 pairs of adorable shoes? I herebye officially bow to your awesomeness what's your fav pair?

I wanna see them haha...
You know what..I actually don't know if they ship to the MK....but worth finding out I'd think.

I don't have a declared fave pair....ALL of them are awesome.
Although, FitFlops and Loubs are a necessity.
As I am not residing in the black bubble with pink lining anymore (sadly) you will have to miss out on that visual treat.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

try this site.

http://ME_shoetree.com.sa..

seems there are more shoe weirdoes out there
Old Apr 11th 2011, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

thecentennial is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by weasel central
try this site.

http://ME_shoetree.com.sa..

seems there are more shoe weirdoes out there
Ikea sell crappy plastic, spring based trees - I'd give them a miss.

You can set up an aramex shop and ship account, then buy online in the US - they will forward them to you here. Shoe trees would be heavy though, so shipping would be exxy. Ebay sellers would probably ship from the US using USPS, takes approx 1 month all up to reach Saudi.

Good luck.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I'm struggling with this thread. From your comments it seems that you haven't actually bought many shoes in the Magic Kingdom, which presumably means you brought them with you. If you're a true arborist, then surely you'd have enough trees at home for all your shoes and, like me, shipped your shoes with the trees inside to protect them during transit.

I must be bored.
loooool really had to google "arborist" first to check that out...

Alright my friend when u have to leave with just one lousy suitcase (20kg as I am from EU) u have a choice to take the most necessary stuff with u so I took some of my nice suits + shirts + whimsy ties and a couple pairs of shoes - and... yes.... it was full already. I thought getting shoe trees was easy and yes I have plenty at home but not here in the magic kingdom.

Getting shoes in Saudi is kind of pathetic. Couldn't find any pair I like. Thought it is comparable to like the Dubai offerings in the malls where they have some of the good stuff.

Same problem for shoe polish I can't find any Saphir or Burgol which freaks me out big time. Love Saudi so far but my poor shoes damnit....

@Alexa Though u might be in Saudi? What a pity coz checking out some Loubs is truly awesome. Lol btw when u change one letter in "Loubs" u got my fav mens shoes.