Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Can anyone recommend a good physiotherapist?

Can anyone recommend a good physiotherapist?

Old Aug 28th 2007, 4:33 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: Can anyone recommend a good physiotherapist?

Originally Posted by jebelaligardener
No but I will be using a walking stick. And for the flight back this Friday (am on the same flight as Vitriol01) I will be using a wheelchair at the airports so it will be the first time I dont have to worry about how heavy my hand luggage feels carrying it all the way across the airport!

Have discovered that Asda are really helpful - got a mobility scooter to use in-store and a disabled parking space even though I didnt have a blue badge. Had to deposit my crutches at customer service although I was tempted to leave the crutches and keep the scooter! Apparently Tesco wont do all that unless you have a disabled badge - seems that temporary invalids dont count.
I once won a case against illegal parking when my daughter had a broken leg, she was too young to use crutches, the hospital had no wheelchairs.. and she was too damned heavy with a full leg cast for me to carry!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone recommend a good physiotherapist?

No but I will be using a walking stick. And for the flight back this Friday (am on the same flight as Vitriol01) I will be using a wheelchair at the airports so it will be the first time I dont have to worry about how heavy my hand luggage feels carrying it all the way across the airport!

Have discovered that Asda are really helpful - got a mobility scooter to use in-store and a disabled parking space even though I didnt have a blue badge. Had to deposit my crutches at customer service although I was tempted to leave the crutches and keep the scooter! Apparently Tesco wont do all that unless you have a disabled badge - seems that temporary invalids dont count.
and hey, this time you won't spend the whole flight craving a cigarette...
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

jebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
and hey, this time you won't spend the whole flight craving a cigarette...
Good point! It has been nearly 2 months since I quit and not been tempted yet.

Will be kept busy anyway with the Molten Brown Spa at the Terraces Lounge.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

JAG I know how you feel! I spent 13 weeks in a full leg (thigh high) plaster in 2004! it was a complete pain! I lived on the 4th floor of a 19th Century building in Hamburg so no lift. it was one step at a time

And I never once had a German offer to give up their seat to me on a bus even though I was on crutches! I wouldnt have been able to sit anyway but it would have been nice to be offered the choice
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
JAG I know how you feel! I spent 13 weeks in a full leg (thigh high) plaster in 2004! it was a complete pain! I lived on the 4th floor of a 19th Century building in Hamburg so no lift. it was one step at a time

And I never once had a German offer to give up their seat to me on a bus even though I was on crutches! I wouldnt have been able to sit anyway but it would have been nice to be offered the choice
i'd have just plonked myself down on their lap...!!

MM, xx
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

jebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud of

Have now progressed to the walking stick which arrived today. Thanks to the power of internet shopping I ordered my stick on Monday (a bank holiday as well) and it arrived this morning. Can't imagine THAT would have happened in Dubai!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i'd have just plonked myself down on their lap...!!

MM, xx
I didnt want to be up on a murder charge
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Have now progressed to the walking stick which arrived today. Thanks to the power of internet shopping I ordered my stick on Monday (a bank holiday as well) and it arrived this morning. Can't imagine THAT would have happened in Dubai!
Hmm. Isn't it time that Spinneys offered an internet-shopping service? There's no reason why internet shopping should not take off here...
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm. Isn't it time that Spinneys offered an internet-shopping service? There's no reason why internet shopping should not take off here...

There is a couple of guys who have started it, private business not linked to any particular shop..
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Will be ordering my groceries over the phone for Choithrams to deliver when I get back. If Spinneys did offer internet shopping I would use them.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
There is a couple of guys who have started it, private business not linked to any particular shop..
Got a link to post? It would be a sweet little start-up business if they do it right.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:36 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

I take it you are joking!!!!!!!!!!!! It was bad enough doing it in the UK, used to get all sorts of crap delivered, can you imagine what they would swap the requested item for if it wasn't available :eek
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Got a link to post? It would be a sweet little start-up business if they do it right.
Sorry afraid not, read it some where, perhaps Gulf or 7 Days a month or so ago.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Here?

Is this the one you mean?
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Here?

Is this the one you mean?
Yea...Clever girl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.