Reload this Page >

Camel Racing in Dubai

Camel Racing in Dubai

Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:53 am
Just Joined

IamHuman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Camel Racing in Dubai

Hi Everyone..

I'm interested to watch a camel race in Dubai. I tried to call Nad Al Sheba but was informed that they no longer do it. I've done some googling and found out that there's one in Al Lisaili in Ail Ain Road and another in Al Wathba, Abu Dhabi. Now I'm looking for their phone numbers to ask for more details, schedule of race, etc..but can't find it anywhere. I called etisalat but they are not listed. If someone here can help me, it will be really great.

Thanks!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:03 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Camel Racing in Dubai

The camel racetrack is out on the Al Ain road, just past the Ruby 7s stadium. Drive past the stadium, look for a petrol station, just beyond the station is a turn off the road, and make that right turn. You'll see a cluster of non-descript single-storey businesses on your right, along with a road. Drive down that drive and you'll see the new camel race track.

As for hours, I cannot tell you what the set race days are. But they occur fairly often, several times a week.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:12 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
The camel racetrack is out on the Al Ain road, just past the Ruby 7s stadium. Drive past the stadium, look for a petrol station, just beyond the station is a turn off the road, and make that right turn. You'll see a cluster of non-descript single-storey businesses on your right, along with a road. Drive down that drive and you'll see the new camel race track.

As for hours, I cannot tell you what the set race days are. But they occur fairly often, several times a week.
it seems it is on early morning and then again late afternoon, I watch it live on the horse racing channel.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

I may be wrong, but Al Wathba is a football stadium?

I have been to the camel racing in AD and it was the Equestrian Club

BB will prob know, she will be along later
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=IamHuman;7160613][B][COLOR="Blue"]
I'm interested to watch a camel race in Dubai.

Usually Sun, Mon Wed, and Thu 07.30 and 14.30 but can vary occassionally.
Location as described by Ethos83
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=annacarna;7160956]I may be wrong,

Sadly true!!

There are two tracks in l Wathba area. The main one quite near Al Wathba prison on the hill!